New kiwi D22 Navara owner

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtabs

Reaction score
Hey guys!

New to the forum and I am keen to get involved. I recently brought an 06 Navara D22 with the ZD30 and have spent hours trolling threads over the last few months learning about how she works and trying to get her running A1. About my garage - My first truck was a Nissan mistral which my family had owned and I scored for cheap when I moved to Otago University 6 years ago. Loved that truck (although a townie 4wd I took her places!). Had her from Cape Reinga to Bluff!. A faithful workhorse she sadly lost reverse after 350,000km. So I thought I have to get myself another Nissan. Loaned some money off my old lady and have upgraded to an 06 D22 Navara which has done 165,000 km. A mechanic mate from home said they were good 4wds. I wanted another 4 dub and a ute as I head into some tricky places in search of venison and the like! I also have just restored an old school Hamilton jet boat which I need to tow around. Unfortunately (and I admit it is through my own neglect) I hastily purchased the Navara from Turners car auctions in Christchurch. I had been searching for months and when this came up I grabbed it. Needless to say during the drive from Christchurch to Dunedin I found she didn't run that well. Your probably thinking you dick! haha. You live and you learn though - Im young and I scored her for cheap so all is not lost. It is a choice truck and I really don't want to just sell her on. I have a little dosh left and I would love to fix her up. Following the advice on the forum I have been able to remedy some easy fixes. I found that air was getting into the fuel system for a start. I replaced the boost hoses also as they were pukt!. I have also fitted an oil catch can and I had the technician at Uni make me up an EGR blocking plate (although I haven't fitted it yet). Anyway I don't want to chew your eyes out in my first post so I will leave it at that. I would love it if you guys could help me out and give me a bit of guidance! All the info I have read on the forum has been great so far.

Thanks a heap, Josh

Welcome Josh. Post your questions and concerns, and of course make good use of the search function -- between all that I'm sure we can sort you out!

Thanks nakedape! I have just got the Navara home from the workshop. They didn't paint a pretty picture! Fortunately a good mate has lent me his truck to use while hes overseas for 3 months. I towed the navara home as I have the three months to save up or try fix her myself. I would like to do as much work as I can myself. I will start a new thread up so I can explain the trucks symptoms and the picture the workshop painted ....

Cheers, JT

Latest posts

Back