Chip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmm $140 delivered
thats closer to the value of these chips imo
considering i can read rail pressure accuratly and i have egt gauge
i might just try this chip

Last edited:
I wouldnt touch it, The price tag has "I'm going to destroy your engine" wrtiien all over it.

Yep you're right

All rail chips can destroy your engine

Doesn't matter if you pay 100 or 1500
All they are is a big resistor
But if you monitor egt and rail pressure you are reasonably safe
I can't see how they adjust anything else when all they plug into is the rail pressure and adjust return voltage which intern raises rail pressure
Pretty simple really
At least this ones price represents its actual value

Last edited:
To simpy trick the rail sensor is how the cheap parts work.
The software on the more well known products will only increase preasure and fuel injection as required. The better known will apply both as per the drivers boot,but end of the day most folk would rather be stock.

To simpy trick the rail sensor is how the cheap parts work.
The software on the more well known products will only increase preasure and fuel injection as required. The better known will apply both as per the drivers boot,but end of the day most folk would rather be stock.

You talking about chip it?

$999 variable resistor wired into a circuit board mate.

probably costs them $20 including the harness to make.

The best way would be to "edit" the factory ecu and load a new tune into it. I guess there's not as much demand for it here for these vehicles as the falcons and commodores have so there hasn't been any development for it.

The next best is the injector pulse modification chip which extends the time the injector is open depending on the rail pressure.

Then come the rail pressure increase chips, like the one in the link above. Obviously these are the cheapest to make and easiest to install, but obviously these is the risk of injectors or the actual rail failing from the increased pressure.

If someone can come up with a program to read, modify and reflash the factory ecu with a new tune to suit certain mods (you could do this on a dyno like they normally do in this case) I reckon they would make a killing...

The best way would be to "edit" the factory ecu and load a new tune into it. I guess there's not as much demand for it here for these vehicles as the falcons and commodores have so there hasn't been any development for it.

The next best is the injector pulse modification chip which extends the time the injector is open depending on the rail pressure.

Then come the rail pressure increase chips, like the one in the link above. Obviously these are the cheapest to make and easiest to install, but obviously these is the risk of injectors or the actual rail failing from the increased pressure.

If someone can come up with a program to read, modify and reflash the factory ecu with a new tune to suit certain mods (you could do this on a dyno like they normally do in this case) I reckon they would make a killing...

I can't remember the reason but tweake said it was almost impossible to do something like that or it would be very costly, think he said cause the memory chip that holds the factory tune couldn't be flashed or something and since its soldered on would be a c*nt to get it off the circuit board.

I reckon it would be worth looking into. If Nissan "apparently" put a run-in tune on new vehicles, then flash a new tune in later (which I very highly doubt, but anyway) I don't see any reason its not possible.

There was mention on here a while ago of sending your ecu to england to have it reflashed, so I guess someone can do it...

Yea I dunno probably asking for trouble, Nissan should ship the 140kw YD25 in them, would be so much better then the gutless piece of crap they send out atm.

they sell so many D22's you'd think they could invest a few $ in doing a minor facelift on them.

also is there a difference? Seen the chips say 2.5CRD... mine is 2.5DCI. is that different to the other one?

Cheers

yeap, very different, yours is direct injected with a vp44 rotary injection pump, same as mine... you have to look for a different type of chip.

Latest posts

Back