Lights on bullbars

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glennm

Reaction score
Some will be aware there is a blitz on 4WDs in south east Queensland. While I don't have an issue with having poorly modified 4WDs off the road I am puzzled as to who makes up some of the rules and what their reasons are. For example apparently you cannot have your lightbar or driving lights on top of the bullbar as they restrict/hinder the driver's view? cause additional damage to pedestrians? However for some reason these racks are ok. I know these add ons are useful when carrying long loads and personally I don't have an issue with their use however why are they ok and for example rounded i.e. no sharp edges led lightbars are not ok? I know mine does not hinder my view, if anything it defines the forward extremity of the vehicle better and keeps it from interfering with air flow to the radiator. Of note is the white ute is actually a hardware chain hire vehicle so one would expect it has passed all the rego requirements.

Attachments

• Bullbar1.jpg
    Bullbar1.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 115
  • Bullbar2.jpg
    Bullbar2.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
The white ute is legal but the grey nissan is not. if the nissan had this scaffold looking device on the inner side of bullbar, it would then be legal. pretty sure spot lights need to be flush or inside the front of bar, not protruding out.

From what I understand, as far as the light bar on top of the bullbar is in the event it snaps off the mounts in an accident (or when running over emus if that's your thing) creating a sharp protrusion on the front of the vehicle.

I would imagine those pipe racks, being alloy tube, are a lot stronger than a light bar mount and would bend in an accident as opposed to breaking.

As jonney mentioned above, even spot lights are supposed to be within the confines of the bullbar.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

I suppose without crash testing we won't know which is worse sliced or diced into 3. I was thinking most things should either deform or break away, mirrors for example, windscreens? and the lightbar breaking away would be better however I hadn't thought about the sharp remnants. Ahh well gotta live within the rules regardless.

Personally, I think you've got bigger problems if you get hit by a 4wd let alone the light bar breaking off ... If the impact is big enough to break the light bar off, I don't think they'd be getting up and walking away in a hurry anyway at the very least...

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Pointless rules are there so that people break them.
You break the rules and guess what,
You have to pay a fine,
It's just another money grabbing tax,
No different to speed cameras placed in areas where they know the speed limit is already too low,
Usually going down a hill etc.....

Latest posts

Back