oil cooler on turbo diesel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The QD32 has a oil cooler in the block to.

Cant think of any diesels without them realy.

Yeah I had a look in the manual and decided that I wanted a bigger one lol.
Trying to get the EGT down on the highway and that seemed like a good way to go about it.

Up the boost abit, get it dyno tuned.

Pump timing etc can play a big role.

You haven't got a boost compensator fitted have you ?

19 row Oil cooler kit

There ya go mate. (BTW "this" in the post with the pics is a link :sarcastic:)

Yeah I had it EGT tuned but it was tuned for the most power, fuel economy has gone downhill since then, it was on 9PSI. I have wound it up to 13psi now and I will be getting it Dyno tuned to at least do 110kph without me backing off at the slightest hill.
Don't have a boost compensator. Had not thought of it and don't really know what they do.
↑↑↑
Ok so I have just read up on them and it does seem like a good idea. Know of anyone that sells them Dave?

Last edited:
Yeah was just reading that thread when you posted it up.
Looks like it might be worth the money. Another thing to add to the list.
Know any places that sell them?

Yeah looks to be different mate. The ZD30 has a replaceable internal element rather than a screw on filter.
As Dave stated they do have Oil Coolers built in. I was just finding mine was not sufficient for cooling the engine since it had been turbo'd.

Ok well your options are to try and find a kit OR if there are spare bungs in your block you could always fit a cooler between two of those. Just take them out and put a BSP fitting in that fits and hook your pipe up.

had a mad thought, you could put a cooler tapping into the bypass valve and return into one of the other ports on the oil cooler housing.
however that puts the extra cooler in parallel with the stock one and i think flow would be fairly small.

otherwise tap the sump and fit a pump and cooler.

interesting, should work quite well. oil temp is well above engine bay temp so heat soak is not an issue.

let us know if you find an adaptor, i haven't seen one before. otherwise you might be able to get a machine shop to make you one.

Mmmm mm machine shop, that's the way to go!

But i thought or was under the impression that the block does have access points, they are small and tricky to get to though.. i dont know where i got this thought from but i think there on both sides of the block, one on either side.... ha I'll have to have a look now, i might be thinking of my old d21 eh

Hahaha i was thinking of fitting one also, first i have to get the bugger to start...

block has oil access points if you want to fit sensors etc.
afaik nothing with large enough flow for an oil cooler.

what i found years ago was a Porsche kit that has a similar style oil cooler. they have an adapter made for that style. just need to measure an oil housing and machine one.

block has oil access points if you want to fit sensors etc.
afaik nothing with large enough flow for an oil cooler.

what i found years ago was a Porsche kit that has a similar style oil cooler. they have an adapter made for that style. just need to measure an oil housing and machine one.

Yup, your right. Found one on the drivers side front of block and yes rather small.. :(

If someone has an old block they can pull the oil cooler housing off and donate , I'll look at getting the machinists to turn one up.. or as they say "may as well make two or three if your making one" .. would be trick to do!

Latest posts

Back