Dashboard Lights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chapterone

Reaction score
Hi, i have just bought a second hand navara d22, which is great, have always wanted one...there is only one thing im looking to change at the moment and that is the dashboard light, they are really dim, im just wondering if its a common things with all or if its just mine, or if i just have to turn them up and how?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

neil

It is very common. You need to pull the dash out and put in some new globes, they are a T5 and there are 2 of them, be very careful when pulling the globes out of the holders as I broke 1 and Nissan want $45 each for a new one. You can get the globes from Bursons, I replaced them with some 3w ones, I think that is standard but the old ones where all black from being 6 years old so it made a massive difference.

yes they are 3 watt and can be a little hard to get as most places only stock the 1.5 watt ones.

I actually managed to get my hand on a 2nd hand dash that was a bit busted up from a wreckers and changed the face over to the whie one from the blue DX one I had when I changed the globes over. Only problem then was re calibrating all of the needles. Lol, that's another story.

Have done a search and can't find anything else on this is there something somewhere that someone has already cleaned their bulbs as i would not mind doing this. But pulling the dash out scares me a bit without some guidance!!

It's fairly easy to do. From memory a couple of screws and the black facia pulls off. (this also has clips) once that is off unscrew the dash cluster and pull forward. Don't force it as the wiring harness could be holding it back

Yeah. What Scotty said, there are 2 screws in the top of the dash above the cluster then the black part comes out, make sure if you have any switches like spotlight ones that you disconnect them 1st. Then there ate 4 screws holding the cluster in, once these are out you can pull the cluster forward and unplug the loom from the back, you will need a small flat head screw driver to get te plug out from memory. Then on the back there are 2 black globe holders on the top and about 3 brown holders for the indicator and high beam lights. The 2 black ones are the dash lights, to get them out of the cluster they twist and pull out. I found the best way to get the globes out of the holder without busting the holder was to crush the glass of the globe with a pair of pliers and then carefully dig it out of the holder with a small screw driver.

Have done a search and can't find anything else on this is there something somewhere that someone has already cleaned their bulbs as i would not mind doing this. But pulling the dash out scares me a bit without some guidance!!

can't "clean" the bulbs as the silvering is on the INSIDE of the bulbs. i understand its the metal from the filament depositing onto the glass.

getting the dash out is a little tricky. remove the surround, unscrew the dash them tilt the top over and you get the bulbs. i think the tricky bit was getting the surround out past the steering wheel.

All you need to do is lower the tilt of the steering wheel down and you shouldn't have too much trouble, saying that I have an aftermarket wheel that may be smaller than a standard one.

Hi mate and welcome to the forum, never had a problem with my dash i find it well lit, But everyone,s different. have fun pulling it apart

I've got a 2003 ST-R navara and find that the dash lights are really dim even with the white back ground haha. I jumped in a mates 2008 D22 ST-R and couldn't believe how bright his was compared to mine! Does anyone know whether the globes from his would fit my dash and would they be nearly as bright of a background? I was quite jealous haha cheers fellas

Does anyone know if the bulbs for the lights in the centre part of the dash ie aircon etc. are t5 bulbs aswell, as i wouldnt mind coverting all my dash bulbs to leds. Any help would be great.

Bart

I've got a 2003 ST-R navara and find that the dash lights are really dim even with the white back ground haha. I jumped in a mates 2008 D22 ST-R and couldn't believe how bright his was compared to mine! Does anyone know whether the globes from his would fit my dash and would they be nearly as bright of a background? I was quite jealous haha cheers fellas

Yes they will be the same, just buy new ones. Don't bother with 2nd hand globes.

Does anyone know if the bulbs for the lights in the centre part of the dash ie aircon etc. are t5 bulbs aswell, as i wouldnt mind coverting all my dash bulbs to leds. Any help would be great. Bart

LED may be ok for the aircon, I am not sure. But don't bother with them in the cluster, they don't spread enough, they only light up a small area brightly and the rest is really dull.

well in mine (2010) the light behind the heater controls is a t10, i'm not sure if the earlier ones are different tho... i have a normal type led in there that i filed the top down and it's not too bad. although i have heard you can drill it a bit to put a v shape in there or put a dab of paint on the end (any colour... it's just to make the light go out the side not the top)

What if you used a multiangle or wedge led t5 bulb would it spread more then??

Thats what I used and they are still no good, there is only 2 globes in the whole dash and they are up the top in the middle area so they just don't spread enough.

Yes they will be the same, just buy new ones. Don't bother with 2nd hand globes.

LED may be ok for the aircon, I am not sure. But don't bother with them in the cluster, they don't spread enough, they only light up a small area brightly and the rest is really dull.
Awesome, Thanks mate :)

Latest posts

Back