ZD30 D22 hard to start

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok guy's since replacing the starter again with genuine 1 truck seems to be starting fine, i have tried starting it about 8 times from cold and starts every time without issue. but geez their a bastard to change!

i idd see something about faulty starter motor causing electronics to go a haywire. no idea why or why it would cause cas fault code.

fingers crossed you have got it licked.

Hello, i hade the same trouble with mine.
I bet if you plugged the computer into it ,it would come up with a "crank angle" code.
Will it run start ok??
If it will your starter is stuffed, it won't be cranking it over fast enough and drawing too much voltage. See how ya go.

Hello, i hade the same trouble with mine.
I bet if you plugged the computer into it ,it would come up with a "crank angle" code.
Will it run start ok??
If it will your starter is stuffed, it won't be cranking it over fast enough and drawing too much voltage. See how ya go.

Hi dan

have replaced starter brand new with ebay 1 and it still done it, i went to the wreckers the other day and got a second hand 1 and does seem better, doesn't seem to be throwing CAS code anymore, and tacho not jumping all over the place.

I have also replaced CAS 3 weeks ago.

But it does still take a few winds to fire when it's cold, have done new glow plugs 2 weeks ago!

once started vehicle drives fine, i would say very gutless! but seems to drive ok, no misses or anything like that just gutless! always has been.

Hi greedy can u feel boost kick in ? If you have a mate with d22 swap map sensor over they are extremly gutless when map sensor dies

Hi greedy can u feel boost kick in ? If you have a mate with d22 swap map sensor over they are extremly gutless when map sensor dies

boost really kicks in at about 3000rpm which is wrong! way wrong! that's 80% through it's rev range before ya get anything, this thing is that gutless i'm going to kill it trying to drive it harder than it needs to be?

If i had to get out of someones way in a hurry! i wouldn't have a hope in hell, i might as well just sit there and let them hit me!

I don't have a m8 that has a D22 but where is map sensor? didn't know they had 1?

I no you have checked this, but the value timing and main timing are all good?
You will be suprised i had a vr6 golf, changed the head.... and bam ran like an absolute pig!

Problem one was.... Hall sender sensor died... but the BIG issue was that the timing was only ONE tooth out so it was dead below 2500-3000rpm

What happened was that we lined the cams and everything to top dead centre... however when the slack was removed/taken up from the chain via the tension-er.. it turned one of the cams out by one tooth, which we didnt notice. Chain and everything lined up it was just that moment of tension which changed everything!

Once fixed it was a new car.

May be completely unrelated- but it seems in your situation anything could help!

Are you sure you have injector pump timing sorted.

It sounds like your timing is slightly retarded. if it struggles to start and develops power later....

I no your probably not keen to strip the front off and check but i think its mechanical not electrical.

I no you have checked this, but the value timing and main timing are all good?
You will be suprised i had a vr6 golf, changed the head.... and bam ran like an absolute pig!

Problem one was.... Hall sender sensor died... but the BIG issue was that the timing was only ONE tooth out so it was dead below 2500-3000rpm

What happened was that we lined the cams and everything to top dead centre... however when the slack was removed/taken up from the chain via the tension-er.. it turned one of the cams out by one tooth, which we didnt notice. Chain and everything lined up it was just that moment of tension which changed everything!

Once fixed it was a new car.

May be completely unrelated- but it seems in your situation anything could help!

Are you sure you have injector pump timing sorted.

It sounds like your timing is slightly retarded. if it struggles to start and develops power later....

I no your probably not keen to strip the front off and check but i think its mechanical not electrical.

hi m8
thx for input but nothings ever been done to engine? it has been like this from 42,000 k's and it's now got 215,000 on it. always been serviced religiously! every 5000 k's

boost really kicks in at about 3000rpm which is wrong! way wrong! that's 80% through it's rev range before ya get anything, this thing is that gutless i'm going to kill it trying to drive it harder than it needs to be?

If i had to get out of someones way in a hurry! i wouldn't have a hope in hell, i might as well just sit there and let them hit me!

I don't have a m8 that has a D22 but where is map sensor? didn't know they had 1?

Its on the turbo to plenum pipe has 2x 10mm bolts holding it onto the pipe and has a small boost fed hose going to it

haha shit i thought i was posting in another thread regarding timing (bloke changed head and was having dramas).

Obviously excuse my previous post.

I know the feeling on the power side. When i can get mine to rev ,i'm going to try the EGR block off. See if that help with the low down power, then the exhaust.

Dan, swap your boost sensor. See if anyone in your area will let you try there's.

Any updates on the starting problem ?

Batteries are good ?

mine doing the samething

my ute been doing the same thing for about a year but in the last few weeks it not started at all and had to leave and take the other car to work(we have three cars )put on charger and leave the next day would start good for the next few days removed the second battery and now starting with less probs but on saturday would not start for five minutes after falling up a new ecu is 1300 and im getting a code 31 eccs control unit 2, making a phone call on monday to a firm that play with ecu ,she been tested from about everything and cleaned

Have use tested the bar and cable on the glow plugs ?

What are your batteries like ?

Mine runs a Catapillar battery, $115 and you cant go wrong. 5 year warrenty to.

ok guy's changed starter motor and that has fixed the Tacho going stupid and throwing CAS code, but now glow plugs don't seem to be working at all? and they are new VPS? the glow light comes on and stays on then goes off after a while like it should, but still like starting a cold diesel, wind over about 15/20 times then fires up with a gut load of smoke?

how'd ya go greedy? sort the problem?

mine did this a few months back, thought i solved the problem with a new battery, new glow plugs, new fuel filter and added larger earth's and clean cleaned the rest of the earth connections.

but it started doing it every now and then soon after, now its every time i cold start the thing and some times when its warm. thinking of throwing in some clear fuel lines before the fuel primer and after and see if i can find any air bubbles.

Latest posts

Back