Front speaker replacement help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filth7948

Reaction score
Hey guys, Sick of my poor sounding standard stereo in my 2009 stx d40 (spain) i started removing door skins today.

my Front Left speaker is the standard 20W 6x9 type. it has a white plug attaching to speaker with a green & purple wire. This seems unusual speaker wiring to me and im stumped for polarity to use on new.

im looking getting pair of pioneer ts-a6965s to chuck in and will have to obviously cut off white standard plug to fit 2 smaller crimp lugs to fit new speakers.

Any one had the same troubles of what colour wire is what during their new install? any help we great.

cheers

Mine is a 2007 ST-X. Green is +ve, Purple -ve. The manual indicates that these wires are supposed to be Brown +ve, Blue -ve so go figure. BTW if you get the polarity wrong the speaker will still work but the phasing will be out which will affect the sound quality.

yep my manual is the same thats what stumped me abit with the wrong colour wires used... i guess the spainish just used any wiring left over or ran a larger multicore.
anyways cheers for the feedback ive ordered a new complete system off ebay new head unit, front and rear speakers and all adaptor harnesses. might make up a post when done with photos / part numbers.

hardest bit will be fitting new rear speakers as the originals are built into their adaptor plate lol

I have an 08 D40 Spanish. Rear speakers were easy fix. Mine were not built in.

I replaced head unit with a pioneer dab+ and pioneer speakers all round. Aerpro harness made it all plug and play.

Oh and a rear camera too

Rear speakers didn't take long, I cut the old ones out of the housing and screwed the new ones to the mount. I took some pictures at the time that I have attached.

Attachments

• RSpkr1.jpg
    RSpkr1.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 132
  • RSpkr2.jpg
    RSpkr2.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 128

Latest posts

Back