CEM fuel and oil additives

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben85

Reaction score
I saw in the latest 4wd action mag an add for a free pdf ebook download "Adding Amazingly Long Life to YOUR Vehicles and Equipment" so I thought I'd have a look at it.

Haven't read through the whole thing yet, just a quick look.
It seems "cost effective maintenance" sell a range of fuel and oil additives that they claim are fantastic and solve a lot of problems in engines, gearbox's etc.

Does anyone know anything about CEM and their products?

If anyone is interested in having a look at their ebook or additives just seach "cost effective maintenance".

I'm not sure I like how they're sensationalising some natural aspects of the motor and turning it into a disaster scenario. Take the passage on blow-by, for instance - ALL internal combustion engines produce it, that's the reason why your crankcase has a ventilation outlet (hose at the top at the rear of the motor, usually). In order to keep the oil vapour that often comes with blowby gases from staining the engine bay, engine, underside & rear of the car or from dropping on the road and creating a slick hazard, blow-by gas is redirected to the air intake so that any oil vapour can be combusted (turned to CO, CO2, H2O and ash). This is the precise reason why DPF-fitted cars need a low-ash engine oil.

Otherwise their stuff might be of benefit. I'm not sure what's in the "AW10", we've seen some products pushed in the past (who remembers "Slick 50" ?) that claim to allow you to run your engine without engine oil once it's been treated ... a lot of those products were snake oil. I'd have to try CEM's products to be able to provide more feedback, but I'm not about to go running out to do that just at the moment. Got my 240,000km service coming up (no CEM products used yet, but have used Liqui Moly in the fuel) and a trip up the coast with the caravan tomorrow, so I don't want to muck around with it just yet. Mine's still purring and I want it to stay that way!

Yeah, it looks a bit "snake oily". They've got additives for every fluid you can put in your vehicle, as if the manufacturers of these products cant engineer their own shit or something.

Back