What battery should I get

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up getting one of these monday, missed out on the %25 off by a day, DOH! Managed to get them down $30 though.
Good battery, cranks like the bejeezus.

I bought one of these batteries as well last weekend from Autobarn and can confirm its cranks like the bejeezus

Decent batteries

Have tried a shite load of different battery brands and types in a d40, mazda bravo and in various boats and vans.
Always favoured century/yuasa for crankers and Deka for deep cycles. killed 2 US made Deka intimidator agms within 14 odd months one after the other. (don't think they liked dirt roads too much and at $440 a pop I ain't tryin again)
Recently have found any Made in Korea battery to be the absolute best bang for buck. Bosch silver series and Ac delco are two that I can vouch for.
First took notice of this phenomenon when the stock battery in my girlfriends Hyundai lasted for 8+ years.
The current $200 Korean secondary battery in the d40 which runs an engel fridge, work lamps and inverter easily outperforms the many deep cycles I've tried over the years.
Ignore brand, buy Korean. ( or Japanese made but I doubt you'll find one in Oz)

Happy John, I highly recommend running bull batteries. Use them in the tray in the navara for the fridge and in the boat. Not an issue at all and Peter is really helpful.

I'm looking at the one in this link "Running Bull" model. It's getting great reviews for lifespan and capacity.
http://www.batteryvalue.com.au/

I have one of his 110AH AGM's in a battery box that runs my Waeco CF50 for 6 days straight. He seems to have good gear.

I ended up getting one of these monday, missed out on the %25 off by a day, DOH! Managed to get them down $30 though.
Good battery, cranks like the bejeezus.

Bugger missing out on the sale but they seem to be decent value even for full price. I ended picking up another supercharge gold for the gf's Mazda 3 diesel as well during that sale.

Yep he knows what he is talking about for sure, prices are damm good too. Lithium is still in the early days atm, as technology advances the price will come down, the agm's I got from him 4 years ago are A1. When they finaly collapse I'll go down the lithium road.

Yep he knows what he is talking about for sure, prices are damm good too. Lithium is still in the early days atm, as technology advances the price will come down, the agm's I got from him 4 years ago are A1. When they finaly collapse I'll go down the lithium road.

I put a SSB lithium battery in my DR650 recently and I'm half waiting for it to catch fire one day. :sarcastic:

Not sure I'd trust them in the 4wd seeing as they just look a bunch of mobile phone batteries stuck together.

Yeah there has been a few fires, not sure if I'd bother with one in my ttr. It's 15 years old and still going strong. I've got to get my weight down, the D22 is just under 2.9tonne now so we'll see how Lithium prices are in a few years. What did they sting you for the bike battery out of curiosity?.

Ive got an SSB lipo in my road bike. Went that way after the existing battery after failing gradually suddenly lost ALL voltage out the middle of bum-fuk. Was from memory about $120 from local bike shop where a high end lead acid was $90 and a low end 50-60.
Hasnt exploded or spontaneously combusted yet (touch wood). Doesnt need tending - cranks like a legend after 3 or 4 months untended. Apparently charge a lot quicker than conventional too, not that i would know because it never needs charging. Weighs nothing - its basically an empty box. It would be good if they didnt come in the lead/acid size box for fitment - would free up an extra bit of under-seat storage.

Latest posts

Back