Aftermarket fog lights (seperate wiring)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom16

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m fitting some aftermarket fog lights (eBay specials) and it says to wire the switch wire into the park light wiring, anyone know which wire that is? I’m having a bit of trouble determining it...

Do you want to have the fog lights come on when the parkers come on, or have them switchable but only when parkers are on? I would prefer the latter, here's how to do both plus an extra option of bringing on the fog lights independently.

You have a parker bulb in the headlight assembly, you'll need to work out which one is positive. Join a wire to this and connect it to pin 85 of the headlight relay. If you want the fog lights to come on ANY time with a switch you need to connect pin 85 to pin 30 and follow the rest of option 2 below.

All scenarios require a fuse connected directly to the battery and then connected to pin 30 of the relay. Pin 87 of the relay will connect to the fog lights.

Option 1 - fog lights come on with parkers. Connect pin 86 of the relay to a ground point somewhere (battery negative isn't the greatest idea because it just makes it messy, there are plenty of body bolts in the area).

Option 2 - fog lights can only come on with parkers, but can be switched off. Connect a wire to pin 86 and run this into the cabin, connect it to one side of a switch. Connect the other side of the switch to the ground behind the dash (there are several solid mount points with screws, pick one).

Latest posts

Back