Hello, and D40 issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrenL

Reaction score
B'day mates, am an ex fellow Melbournian currently living in Indonesia. I used to frequent the forum for info on my qd32. But one day a friend of mine dropped in with his D40 diesel, and the light indicators remained lit even when the car is off and turbo timer cancelled. I've scanned it with 2 different scanners and the result were consistent:

1. U1000 code (canbus network)
2. Speed/ABS
3. Injector valve not registered.

Disregarding #2&3 since they didn't trigger the engine check light, the instrument cluster itself -to my understanding- is a module.
Has any of you experienced this problem before?

Foglamp indicator remain lit even after removing the combination stalk. No issue in the stalk I suppose..

Checking the wires under the bonnet through the firewall into the cabin was good as well..

Guess am left with swapping the instrument cluster then..

Please let me know if you've came across similar problem, and solution, or even insights on anything else I need to check. Thanks in advance.

NB. Picture taken with key off, engine off, battery plugged on.
NB2. What does the (<1>) indicator indicate?

Attachments

• 1441433683762298787418.jpg
    1441433683762298787418.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 117
The CAN bus is a 2 wire balanced network on which various computers in the car communicate. It sounds like the two wires of the can bus are either shorted or open circuit somewhere.

You can remove the battery + terminal and measure the resistance between the two can bus lines on the OBDII connector under the dash, there should be some resistance between them, not a short.

You can try a new instrumentation cluster, but it sounds like it might be a job for a auto electrician.

The light you asked about (<1>) comes on when you have a trailer connected and you switch on the indicator.
Is there a loose or damaged wire in the BCM?
When I put foglights on my first D40 I tried to get away without the correct stalk by putting a switch into the 2 foglight control wires in the BCM. It worked fine to turn the foglights on until I turned the indicator on and them the hazard lights would come on, I also had another related issue but can't remember at present what it was but it all came back to the signal from the BCM getting confused.

Latest posts

Back