Speedometer Trouble and ABS problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soderholm

Reaction score
Hello

Have got a little problem with my Navara D40 . Have sought information in diverse forums in Sweden men entirely without results .

It began with the speedometer started to move on when turn the ignition. It goes from 0-100 km / h and commutes where back and forth.
I washed car after a light forest driving and when I then started it the light for ABS start showing. After Driving a bit the 4wd light turns on and as the picture shows the operation disappears.

I was in the workshop to troubleshoot and got codes :

ABS C1105 Right Rear
C403 Abs RIGHT FRONT
P1808 speed sensor ABS
P1810 signal Speed

I have now changed FRONT ABS - sensor that was the only one that was dead according to OHM-reading . No results.
Have even disconnecting the battery in 15 minutes
Made an ECU -reset .

Would be very grateful about Someone has hints that perhaps lead me anywhere with the car.
My thoughts are now coming to en new ABS unit .
I hope you understand what i mean. My english aren't so god anymore.

//Soderholm - Sweden

It's more likely to be wiring rather than the sensor itself, start at the sensor and inspect all the wiring from all the ABS sensors on each wheel.

If all the wiring looks good, check all the 'gears' that the abs sensor looks at to make sure they are clean and look as you would expect.

The first thing I would check is the sensor and plug on the extension housing of the gearbox. This sensor is used for the speedometer and as a reference for the other ABS wheels sensors. I know when the plug was loose on my D40 the speedometer would go to zero for a split second and then back to reading the indicated speed. If there is no signal coming from this sensor the ECU then uses a wheel sensor for speed. Also if there no signal from this sensor 4WD will not engage, neither will the cruise control. For starters I would remove the connector and spray the contacts with contact cleaner or something similar.

Your English is probably better than mine :)

Must be quite beautiful driving thru the forest this time year with everything covered in snow.

Hello again.

After the draft , I did clean all earthing from the battery.

Disconected the ecu and abs-unit over the night

Then the jumping speedometer were fixed for now

Then two days passed without the problem but today it returned. The Contacts have been checked on the gearbox and took WD40 on those. After that the speedometer start working as it should again. The problem seems to occur when it's wet outside . Do you have more tips they are welcome .

New ABS sensor is ordered to the right rear .

an update
Got my new abs sensor mounted it and drove the car a few meters to see if the light went out, and it did.
Next day I took the car out for more testing, discovered that around 30-40 km / h speedometer starts small flutter and abs lights up again. Same thing every time I start the car. The light goes off after a few meters and then light up again.

Has now measured all Abs donors and finds no errors in the measurements. Has drawn new cables to the right rear wheel, the wheel where I had the most trouble codes.

Started check on the sensor to the gearbox which apparently also brings speed, someone who can confirm this?

Another thing that might be worth to add is that only once has the abs light is not lit. This time the ABS pump worked and when I would brake down it did not brake at all. It´s the feeling of driving on an icy road.

Latest posts

Back