Anoher Limp mode Issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuckyPhil

Reaction score
Hi another Limp Mode issue,
Sorry if it is previously posted somewhere but my search failed to show it.

Travelling along the Highway yesterday and 40k out of town the Nav went into Limp mode.
No Check Engine light.
VDC light Came on as well as Traction Light.
OBD Showed No codes.
Stopped and started a few times each time I got to 60k it limped out again.

Limped it home and proceeded to check what I could
Performed an ECU reset and went for a drive to calibrate, all seemed good.
stopped and restarted and into limp again.
This time it will not let me do a reset and she goes straight into limp at start-up.

Anyone have any ideas???
Still I warranty- Just. will call Nissan tomorrow.
I would like to know what it could be in case it happens again.

Thanks in advance

Usually that sort of error has been a faulty SCV but that's a common issue for the YD25 motor, not the VQ40 or the V9X.

Throwing the ball into Nissan's court - if warranty is still intact - is a good move, let's hope they do tell you the components they replace to fix it.

Yeah Tony YD25 it is,
I thought maybe SCV but No OBD Code and wont let me Reset to do it by the flashes either.
It only gave me one shot at that.
Nissan can sort it tomorrow, but, I just like to know in case I have to at some stage.
Thanks

The SCV doesn't always throw a code, mine didn't, and another user here (who has since upgraded to a V9X-powered Nav) has had one with somewhat similar symptoms to yours.

What might also appear to be limp mode without codes is a turbocharger actuator failure. Had to replace mine too, just wasn't getting the response from my turbocharger that I expected (and I'd replaced the turbocharger). This would cause a fair amount of smoke on full throttle, so it's fairly easy to spot.

Latest posts

Back