Np300 - Error Codes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ddp

Reaction score
Hey,

Just wanted to get your experiences on any error codes you may have gotten after installing any accessories on your np300.

I had a set of front and rear sensors installed in our np300. (keyless entry and push-to-start) The installer tapped the rear left brake light (at the light housing) and the accessory power in the kickpanel for the sensor control box.

Unsure if they inserted the plug properly, but at first the sensors did not power on, and a "key system error" and a "4wd system error" was displayed on the drivers console. The "4wd system error" cleared when the vehicle was started, but the "key system error" required a trip to the dealer to reset.

This has me wondering if the canbus system in the vehicle is really that sensitive to any extra accessories tapped into the existing system.

So i would really like your input if anything like this has happened when you guys installed additional accessories, because I would like to change the horn, add a light bar, change the fog light bulbs to led bulbs (not hid) and a couple other things......without a trip to the dealer to reset error codes every time.

Sorry for being so long winded....:eek:

don,t own the NP but i can,t see how those things done would give an error code. try didconnecting the main battery for 10 minutes with headlight switch turned on so all residual power is drained from the system and see how things go then. as far as fitting a different horn / lightbar etc , all sould be fine without any error codes occuring. if you still have the error code maybe take the vehicle back to the installer that did this work and have them sort it out. as it could be a fault in there wiring up.

Latest posts

Back