Mods for Dog transport (Canopy with fixed windows)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Memo78

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Unfortunately my factory Canopy came with fixed windows, so I need to find a way to circulate fresh air for my dogs.
The sliding front window will do the job in winter but in summer I definitely need some addition to that.

Any ideas are welcome.

So far I can only think of adding a sunroof.

Hey Guys,

Unfortunately my factory Canopy came with fixed windows, so I need to find a way to circulate fresh air for my dogs.
The sliding front window will do the job in winter but in summer I definitely need some addition to that.

Any ideas are welcome.

So far I can only think of adding a sunroof.

Forget the sunroof, swap the fixed windows for sliding one's, gotta keep them hounds cool!

Thanks Joe great stuff will look into these and try to find them locally.

Forget the sunroof, swap the fixed windows for sliding one's, gotta keep them hounds cool!

I've talked to the dealer already they said they dont have sliding ones.

maybe you will also need to open up the rear lid as the vents might not be enough to keep the animals cool, the climate in your country is definetly not cool. maybe extend the aircon into the rear via a ducting tube.

An old thread and OP has probably worked something out but here is my 2c for anyone else looking for a solution.

What I did for my dog was to place a small motorbike tube between the canopy front window and the rear sliding window of the ute cabin.

I then inflated the tube to create a seal between the Ute and canopy.

When it is hot I just crank up the Air-Con and open the rear sliding window (I just leave the canopy front window open all the time) and the Dog stays perfectly cool.

If you climb in the canopy you can feel the cool air blowing in.

The canopy is not quite as cool as the cabin but its fairly close.

Latest posts

Back