Good bye warranty

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPMC

Reaction score
Well the old girl hit the milestone this week. 100,000km and so far so good.

I'm still not 100% sold on it and still enjoy getting behind the wheel of my D40 even with 240,000km on the clock.

Since driving off the yard it's only been back to Nissan once when the power steering box decided to loosen a plug and spew it's oil everywhere about 60km from the nearest dealer at approximately 75,000km. I do have a couple of wee issues that I meant to get fixed under warranty but didn't have time when I was close to the dealer so i'll either live with them of use it as leverage when I order my next Ute (provided it's another Nissan).

Attachments

• 20170411_172153.jpg
    20170411_172153.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 154
How does it compare to ur d40 and what do u like/dislike?

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk

How does it compare to ur d40 and what do u like/dislike?

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk

Comfort wise it's way better, technology wise it's much better, fuel wise it's slightly better and as around town tarmac tractor it's great but with it loaded to almost 3 ton with all my work gear it is nowhere near the D40 and responsiveness and storage space the D40 runs rings around it.

Although seeing the results of the dyno tune on here of the D23 with 155whp my opinion could change. When I get a spare minute I'm going to see if one of our local tuners can handle the job.

Last edited:
don,t the D23,s have twin turbos as well ?
yes, twin turbo but only in top models.
bottom models have single turbo.
i think power is about the same as the D40 (~140kw) but d23 has better torque.
single turbo is a lot less, less than the early D40 and only 10kw more than the ZD30 D22.

That 155kw at the wheels would equate to around 200kw at the flywheel. Impresive for a little 2.3 on stock turbos, and well above V9X territory. It's hard to believe, I wouldn't feel confident towing 3tonne with that.:nono:

That 155kw at the wheels would equate to around 200kw at the flywheel. Impresive for a little 2.3 on stock turbos, and well above V9X territory. It's hard to believe, I wouldn't feel confident towing 3tonne with that.:nono:

I think you'll find that the stock 550Nm torque of the V9X would still see it leave a D23 for dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

200 kw i think not
The highly tuned v8 in the 200 series landcruiser only just
pumps that much power out in stock form

That said, with a chip connected and cranked up to max boost and fuel pressure anything is possible... For a little while anyway

Comfort wise it's way better, technology wise it's much better, fuel wise it's slightly better and as around town tarmac tractor it's great but with it loaded to almost 3 ton with all my work gear it is nowhere near the D40 and responsiveness and storage space the D40 runs rings around it.

Although seeing the results of the dyno tune on here of the D23 with 155whp my opinion could change. When I get a spare minute I'm going to see if one of our local tuners can handle the job.

My truck actually makes 155kw @ wheels, which is over 200whp!

Pre-tune, I dyno'd the car with turbo back exhaust only one two seperate dynos.

First dyno (that im doing all my testing on) the truck ran 127.9kW consistently.
Second dyno (2.5hr drive away) the truck ran consistently between 121kW and 124kW and 155kW consistently after tune.

I will be heading back to the first dyno now I have 3,000kms on the tune setup to retest and compare to factory.

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFk4V3YG0OU[/YT]

Last edited:

The truck drives amazing. The power makes such a big difference.

I don't tow 3T, but i regularly haul 2 to 2.5T. Its impressive.. I really need an intercooler before summer though.

Impressive figures!!, how about a 0-100 acceleration video?.

Thank you!! We are also impressed. The truck did it very easily. There is more power to be made but I didnt want to push anything too hard.

Make sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/c/SpeedRunInc). Will be releasing a new video in the next week or two doing a review of the tune, how it has affected drivability, fuel economy and maybe some pulls.

that will be interesting.
the intercooler looks to be a fairly tight fit in there as it is. no idea on what spare room there is to fit a better one.

Thanks mate. Yeah, will be completely relocating it as the stock position is garbage. Gets no airflow at low speeds.

Will change to a 450x300x76mm or something similar behind grill.

Again, you may need to subscribe to to our YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/c/SpeedRunInc) as we will do a video on changing the intercooler DIY, where to buy a kit etc.

I sometimes forget to post our videos on other sites, so really encourage people to subscribe.

Thanks for the support guys! Can't wait to release the next videos.

Latest posts

Back