When NRMA is no use at all

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amber.2

Reaction score
Recently. My brother came down. From the country in his 2001 Holden Rodeo. While he was at our local shopping centre his car refused to start. And being a gold member of the nrma He called their road side assist. The mechanic diagnosed. That there was no ignition. And offered to tow him to the local NRMA. Repair centre. First thing the centre said was you need a new distributor But as the car is 14 years old Holden no longer stock them. Even on EBay non could be found. My brother rang me and advised me what happened. Straight away I went to the service centre and asked why the distributor could not be repaired. Their answer was. That they usually just replace such items. Well $500. For a new. One if it could be Found or a new module. For. $100. Was my answer. So I asked the head mechanic. What part was needed and I would source it by the morning. He told be it was the ignition. Module. Next morning the part arrived at my local. Parts supplier and I took it straight to the NRMA centre. There I was informed it was the wrong part so I asked again. What was the part required again he said. Ignition module. But just in case I took a picture of the distributor and the plug which connected it. I proceeded to the local. Repco store and after showing the pictures. I was given a part. It was. Not an ignition module. But a Crank Angle sensor. But this time. I felt the NRMA Had untrained. Staff working for them. And I was soon proved right. I gave the part to the head mechanic. He looked at it and said. I've never fitted one of these before. MY brother. Getting worried. Rang his local mechanic. In the country. Who informed him. It's only a One. Hour job Well Two hours latter and with five. So called mechanics. Standing around his vehicle. They get it to start. I asked the head mechanic. How come it took so long. And had he marked the position of the distributor before removing it. His answer was. Well. We will know next time. To do that. So my brother ended up paying $260 labor for a one hour job. He had to leave that arvo As he had a medical appointment next day. At sunset he turned on his lights. Guess what. No Lights. No AC He had to drive the last 100 km in the dark. Next day after his medical appointment went to the Auto electrician. Who found 3 blown relays. In the fuse box. He has contacted the NRMA who at first. Refused to listen But after he sent all the receipts they still won't compensate him.

Sorry about that but my brother is still waiting a reply from head office about a refund , after he sent in all of the receipts from the Auto electrician, The first ones he sent to the branch was returned marked Address unknown so he had to Register it and resend it again , Just today after he rang them they told him that they had sent all the paper work to head office , so god only knows if they will pay him for their stuff ups

Latest posts

Back