recovery tow point

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indio2010

Reaction score
hello guys, i just bought some recovery gear which included some bow shackles. i tried to fit the bow shackle on the front recovery point of the stock np300. it doesnt fit the right way. can anyone shed some light on how to use it?

its very similar to the picture i have attached

Last edited:
Looks like a tie down point to me. If you have a tow bar, purchase a recovery hitch for it.

Yes that's a tie down point, the recovery point faces the other way around to the one in the pic. It should also have a WLL rating stamped on it.

hello guys, i just bought some recovery gear which included some bow shackles. i tried to fit the bow shackle on the front recovery point of the stock np300. it doesnt fit the right way. can anyone shed some light on how to use it?

its very similar to the picture i have attached

Theyre straight line tow points. You'll need to purchase rated recovery points. All the big 4x4 accessories outlets sell them. Theyll be a bolt on replacement for the tow points.

i have a tow bar and a recovery hitch already but thats for the back. the front is what stumps me. for those saying it is a tie down point, the manual calls it a towing hook.

i contacted town and country at bev hills and i can buy a front recovery point for $250. best to have two so thats $500. they will charge an arm and a leg for installation. ARB (Arrogant Robbing Bastards) also have an under armour which comes with recovery points, i think thats about $2000 +.

Off ebay i bought 2 pair of rated recovery points for under $200
My T J n M three piece underbody armour was under $800
Fitted all myself, simply job with the instructions

Best of both for half the price. Food for thought

Off ebay i bought 2 pair of rated recovery points for under $200
My T J n M three piece underbody armour was under $800
Fitted all myself, simply job with the instructions

Best of both for half the price. Food for thought

do u have the link for that product? i have been looking in ebay and cant find it. only recovery points for d40

I have the RoadSafe 5000kg rated recovery points on my NP they cost $139 for the pair and use existing holes on the chaise rails on the drivers side and the existing mountings on the passenger side(replaces the factory non rated recovery point). All up it took 30 min to install with a little fiddling on the drivers side getting the nuts in the rail but all up value for money and peace of mind having the correct recovery gear when you need it.

The roadsafe points are made of 10 thk steel plate with 2 high tensile stainless steel m12 bolts.

Latest posts

Back