Np300 16

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Few Questions from D23 owners. Are you guys overall happy with your trucks.How is power output on Diesel.I already own 2014 D22 4x4 Diesel,Im thinking of buying new second truck. Please state what engine you guys have.The Mexican 4x4 Diesel is 2.5 it looks like if you order 6sp manual its 165HP,if you order Auto(Witch I would not) it is 7sp 2.5 Diesel at over 180hp. Im asking this because Nissan dealer has none to test drive. These trucks are made in Mexico so Im sure engines different. Thanks Guys.

Hi bajatrailrider, I'm new to the scene, picked up a 2016 D23 NP300 on 21/7/16. Coming from performance sedans to 4WDs and most recently a Ford Territory Turbo, I'm LOVING my new truck.

It has the guts for towing and cruises beautifully. Such a smooth ride. It's got a decent speed off the line and great pickup in the higher rev ranges.

I'm about to fit a 3" straight through for extra performance, economy and sound - looking forward to it.

I have the 2.3L Twin Turbo, made in Thailand. Hope this helps.

Thank you I think the one thing different. The Np300 in Mexico uses the 2.5 diesel 166hp or 180hp. Would any of you know what the diff ratios are in the 6sp stick 4x4. My only gripe with my 2014 Np300 (Navara) the 4.62 diffs. Even with 32in wheels tires,its way too many rpms. When I drive in on freeway Calif at 75mph,its up to 3 thousand revs. Still most go flying by. So that is the Question 6sp manual/4x4/diesel/ standard gear ratio thanks,no info here dealer does not know. thanks

Hey mate, cheers from Panama. I have a 2016 NP300 LE 7 speed auto 2.5 liter 140kw/450NM of torque. Here in panama they sell the XE version wich has the same power on 6 speed manual transmision and a less luxury aswell.
in case you wonder mine is made in mexico and has 15k on the clock zero problems(knock on wood)

Yes I know they have a large factory in Mexico producing NP300s. So how is yours at high speed? Im told the the stick shift Np300 has less HP then the auto.
It is actually faster than my old 2012 chevrolet avalanche ltz 5.3 V8, wich was faster than a hilux. But a truck is not for racing, i use it to tow, it maintains speed properly even when i hook up my trailers(from 1700 pounds to 5600 pounds trailers).
Reason i went for navara instead of any other truck was mainly due to good experience i had with my d40 few years back.
Regarding power, in Panama, there are few versions:
S: Manual 166hp
SE: Manual 6 speed, 166hp
XE(cloth trim, manual a/c, less than the st ): Manual 6 speed 190HP 450NM of torque. however less torque compared to the auto below 2000 rpm
LE(st-x, except the sunroof and sliding rear window) :Auto 7 speed 190HP 450NM torque.
This engine is equipped with a borg warner turbo that whistles way louder than any other truck, sounds wicked.

Thank you for detailed info. I was only asking about cruising in top gear,because in Baja Mexico. The roads are so bad top speeds very low.When I drive in USA,Calif freeway Im in the slow lane. There all going by at 80/85mph. Does anybody know what the Diff ratios are for the diesel 4x4 stick??????

Latest posts

Back