• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Navara Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Landcruiser For Sale ( if recovered)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
now hows that for a lack of Duty of Care with the Ferry Driver., the ferry should not have left the land until the ramps were both raised . someone could have drowned if they were in that car whilst it was freely floating away before sinking, imagane a couple of little kids playing a game in this car and that happened. no wonder people get killed these days for stupid reasons.
sue sue sue this company.

The occupants of the Cruiser were backpackers, sadly they still are not educated in any aspect of sand driving and even though is jonny suggested the ramps were down if they at least had the handbrake on this would of been avoided. Every time I go over there I recover heaps of them, most are pissed, on 50psi or have it in 2wd.

The link to the video in Manning's first post did not play for me so I found one on Y/T. Here it is!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GWkapS-fdY

John, apparently they claimed the handbrake was on but maybe when the brakes cooled down the rear shoes contracted letting pressure off the drums.
this happened to me some years ago after driving from the sunny coast to brissy and put the old Triumph stag under the house and only applied the handbrake leaving the gears in neutral then about 1 hours later we heard a big bang, looked out the window and the car was over the botton steet bank with its headlights looking up at me [ help me ] $10k repair bill.

I'm fairly sure the Manta Ray barge has a warning sign about switching off the motor and leaving in gear??, the main thing here is no loss of life.

we went over on the straddie barge some years ago and i think it was required that all passengers were not allowed to stay in there cars whilst going over from cleveland to straddie and return. i still put blame on the fraser ferry driver or assistant for not raising the ramp before departing.

The link to the video in Manning's first post did not play for me so I found one on Y/T. Here it is!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GWkapS-fdY
Thanks HJ:love sign:

i still put blame on the fraser ferry driver or assistant for not raising the ramp before departing.

Id second that conclusion
I would completely understand if it was 20 odd meters offshore and the ramps were being raised but by the looks from the video the were well into the journey

Last edited:
the good thing is no one was hurt and the vehicle was a rental . i would hate that to happen to my pride and joy navara.

Latest posts

Back