285/75r16 on a 16x8+0?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmyhasheart

Reaction score
Hey guys,

First post here but looking forward to being more active.

So I have a question:
Currently running stock rims I believe on my new D40, they seem to be 17x8+30 with Cooper AT 265/65r17s.

I'd like to get some 16x8+0 steelies and run 285/75r16s on it. My mate has done it on his Navara and it looks really nice. I have found the rim and tyre I want in this size but obviously wanted to confirm before spending $2k.

I will attach some photos of it currently.

Cheers, Timmy.

Attachments

• IMG_0535.jpg
    IMG_0535.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0482.jpg
    IMG_0482.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 124
Don't quote me on this, but I believe the post-facelift Navs with the 140kw motor (which yours looks to be) went to the 17" rim because they had larger brakes that wouldn't fit under the 16" rims...

I may be totally talking out my arse here though, and I'm open to correction.

Oh really? Hmm I sure hope not. But maybe the +0 offset on my 16's will get them out away from the brakes enough.

But brakes aside.. talking more scrubbing etc and getting that sized tyre on.

If you're right about the brakes that sure is a spanner in the works.

Thanks.

Why dont u take the wheels off ur mates ute and see how they fit urs?

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk

He's at the other end of the country. :(

Anyone here in Tas? Maybe I'll just wing it and buy the rims and if they won't work I'll sell them. :/

I've seen plenty of them with 16s. Hopefully will be okay, more concerned about getting a 285/75/16 on it.

Why not run 33" equivalents on the stock 17" rim?
Then if you get sick of the alloys, just buy the 17" steelies and swap the tyres over?

I guess the other question that hasn't been asked, is whether you have any lift? 33s will require it.

Some d40s definately require 17" wheels at least in stock offset so i would check first.

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back