Another new guy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capncoke

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I’ve had an 09 Pathy 2.5TD for 4 years now. Love the truck and up till a few weeks ago had no issues. She works hard hauling horse food and motorbikes (not at the same time!).

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which begs the question

What happened a few weeks ago..

Good question. Lots of black smoke and no power whatsoever.

I’m disagreeing with my mechanic at the moment. Him: “Spray some cleaner into the inter cooler and change filters. That’ll fix it”. Me: “I disagree. There is zero boost - intercooler hose doesn’t get hard with revs, turbo actuator doesn’t move unless I suck on the pipe myself, and there is no vacuum at the input to turbo boost control valve. Plus the cruise control doesn’t work”. I’ve read that the cruise control operates throttle via vacuum actuator - is this true?

I suspect either broken vacuum hose, leaking brake booster or stuffed vacuum pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The vacuum lines in the spainbuilt D40 STXs and the pathfinders are known to fail after a few years
2.5 yd25 turbo diesels

My 07 D40 STX lost all boost going up a very steep hill a few years back, i limped home and discovered the vacuum lines had more or less started turning into rubbery dust

Check all vacuum lines and i suggest replace them with silicone tubing. Autobarn stocks a good brand in long lengths

Around the same time, i was replacing the fuel filter and i discovered all the fuel lines had cracked too

Latest posts

Back