Can some one confirm?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benengel

Reaction score
Hey,
Took the truck in to get the ecu remapped today but apparently the ecu doesn't control the fuel rail/pressure ? So he said it can't be remapped as there is nothing to change in thw ecu thw would affect the injectors/ fuel rail pressure?

Is this correct ?
Thought being common rail it would be the only way to control it

fuel pressure is controlled by the ecu via the fuel pressure sensor and the scu on the pump.
thats how most addon chips work. trick the ecu into increasing the fuel pressure.

however the whole point of remapping is not to do dirty tricks like increasing fuel pressure. they should be changing the injection width ie time the injector is open.

sounds like the crowd doesn't know what they are doing.

Spoke to the guy when I picked up the ute he said he could only adjust the rail pressure and that was the only sensor and also their wasn't individual lines for the injectors so he would of only been able to change the pressure and nothing to do qith the injectors them self.
He wasn't a fan of changing the pressure as he prefers to do it via injector timing and boost etc

Sounds like he chipped it, not remapped it. Basic chips up the rail pressure, better ones extend the injection duration as well.

he didnt do anything to it as he didn't want to adjust just the pressure.
just confused as i though all d22s would be able to get a proper remap and all work off the same system?

Spoke to the guy when I picked up the ute he said he could only adjust the rail pressure and that was the only sensor and also their wasn't individual lines for the injectors so he would of only been able to change the pressure and nothing to do qith the injectors them self.
He wasn't a fan of changing the pressure as he prefers to do it via injector timing and boost etc
that sounds strange.
it sounds like he was trying to chip it not remap it.
the d22 doesn't have a boost sensor which some of the chips use to know when to increase fuel pressure. the ecu uses the maf sensor to do its fueling.

with a remap you can change everything which is why its the better way to go.

They also have separate injector lines so I don't know what he's on about. They are the silver pipes on the intake side of the motor.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back