Stereo wiring

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know a lot about speakers, apart from wiring them up. I know splits/component speakers are better than coaxial but do all splits come with seperate tweeters and mids? Not sure if I can be bothered with seperate components, good coaxials should do?

Ah well, bought an Alpine Head Unit and some Alpine 6.5" coaxials. The speakers come with a thin 6" adapter plate so I hope they fit.

I think a good set of coaxial speakers can sound really good. splits are a lot more effort to install and not worth it in my view.

I'm running 6 1/2" Pioneers, and Pioneer head unit, happy with the result. Have recently installed 6X9's in a custom speaker box behind the rear seat. Will be wiring up the AMP soon, but its pretty good in the mean time. Had the full setup in my previous Commodore ute.

Yeah the 6.5" Alpines went in fine, didn't need the adapter plate.

Amazing difference in sound, plus iPod goodness now, and bluetooth as well.

I must be getting old, I went through the "big" stereo days about 12 years ago but now I recon the factory setup isn't too bad, mine will stay put until it dies, that and I have better things to spend the $$ on like 3 young kids, LOL

gotta watch that dim wire. even if you use a test light and connect test light clamp to dim wire to check earth the resistance in the park light circuit will give you a false earth. as test light only needs minimal amperage to illuminate it can do this without blowing the fuse, once you try to earth a 10amp head unit curcuit through this it's lights out, pardon the pun.

i've built some pretty intense car stereos over the years and still am, the best was my vs commodore weighing in at 128.3 dB, near blew my left eardrum (thought it was a speaker but later realised i could breate out thru my ear!!!!)

be careful with those blade terminals pushed into factory plug, no matter how much you secure them they will probably come loose and depending on plug terminal layout they may short out. my preference is aerpro adaptor looms, i know it's cheating but easy as!

d40 6 stacker is decent enough for now, would love to do something but money best utilised elsewhere for now. will be putting 7" dvd / gps screen with reverse camera (can't see real good past canopy). got a set of 3 way clarion comp splits and 2 10" clarion pro audio subs in the shed waiting for their call to duty but really, since the commodore the hearing isn't as good as it used to be sl they might be waiting a while.

In regards to the 'Nissan Wiring Harness 1995 On' I assume that all it does is provide a connection to the old plug.
So when you solder the new (ebay harness) harness on to your after market (head unit) harness you still need to re-arrange the wires to eg. (purple from the ebay harness to red on the head unit harness).
Is this right or does the harness already account for this?

I didn't have to solder anything with mine. Just bought the "Nissan etc to Pioneer" adaptor, and all was good. They have different harnesses for different model cars to Pioneer/Sony/ALPINE etc etc etc.

Just plug in and away you go.

Have a look here http://www.aerpro.com.au/vrg.php see if it helps. Just put in car/year etc.

Hoo Roo

Last edited:
Got the one off ebay earlier, so I guess i'll be using that now.

That aerpro one does look good, couldnt find any ordering info though.

I'll be installing my gauges at the same time.
Can I use the orange (dimmer) wire to run power to the 5watt backlighting globes for the gauges or will I have to connect them somewhere else?

In answer to my own question, yes the orange wire is a good place to wire in gauge lighting.

Wiring

Okay just thought I'd let ya's all know, just put a new head unit in mine. first time doing so. I connected everything right except the earth, which I got lazy and thought yeh must be the orange one. So anyway, it worked you little ripper. didn't realise until I went to drive at night, my dash lights and tail lights were out. So i thought I'd jump on here to make sure, and lo and behold, I've done the same thing some of you guys have. I KNEW IT. I knew that connecting to the orange was a bad idea, but hey at least my stereo's working now, as the factory one wasn't playing some cd's. so it had to go. Well good luck to anyone else putting they're head unit in. Just don't connect ya black wire to the orange lol!

Does any one know the aeropro part number for a harness for a 2010 d22 with the double din stero

I have just recently replaced my front speakers, 2 x jvc 250w 3way 6inch. these are hooked up to the standard head unit. all i did was remove the white plastic connection off the standard speakers (so i could utilise the original speaker cable & connection inside the door) and solder the clip to the new speaker. make sure you determine which is + & - on the connection, then just connect the original clips together and screw them in...all up only took around 40mins and i must say they sound pretty good!

Latest posts

Back