D40 2 inch body lift write up

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey boxy prob a stupid question but coming from someone who knows little ...

do i have loosen or totally undo steering bolt ?
also when u say remove the engine shroud the bottom half do i have to cut that off and leave it off or dose it come off like that ? and do i put it but on once i have done the lift or dose it have to stay off ??

sorry for all the questions but i am planing on doing by myself and the more info the better for me to wrap my head around it lol cheers

Don't undo the steering bolt I just undid it like a turn or so just incase it needed some movement it didnt! Remove the bottom of the shroud before u lift it it just has clips leave it off after lift

thanks mate sounds good ill see how i go was thinking of using a high lift jack to jack the body up ..

thanks mate sounds good ill see how i go was thinking of using a high lift jack to jack the body up ..

Don't do that u will fuck ur car just use a small trolley jack 20 bux at any supercheap an a few small lengths of timber an pic the strong point to jack off from memory it's just below drivers door make sure u do passenger side first an don't take the opposite side bolts completely out

Hi boxy, excellent thread mate, very helpful. Was wondering what did you do in regards to your bull bar? Is it possible to buy 2inch raised brackets or did you have the modified? Cheers

hey mate heres what i did...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
spent 3 days mounting my bullbar and working it all out and getting it right as the winch sits completly seperate to the actual bar on its own cradle so i was happy enough that i could weld good enough to do it especially because i used 2 of the existing bolt holes....

so i spent a good day looking at the mount until finally i relised the bolt holes are all the same distance apart roughly 60 ml so all i did is lift the bar so the bottom bolt hole was sitting in the middle and it worked perfectly..

but i wanted to add metal to the mount so that i could have all the bolts in it

excuse the shitty drawing just to give you a rough idea of what i did i cut a plate out to match the shape of the existing mount ,got it all right then v'd it both sides to aloow me to weld 3 runs either side ,i then drilled the top bolt hole through the plate i had welded

there are 2 little m6 bolts or m8 bolts there aswell for some reason i did not bother re drilling them as i believe if 6 xm12 bolts don't hold it your in trouble let us no if u have trouble understandng my sketch

cheers boxy

if i just did the 1'' inch instead of the 2'' body lift would i still have to do the fan protector?
also is the steering column ok?

im getting the 2'' suspension lift in the next couple of weeks i want 33's, will i have to do the body lift to get them on or will they be ok on the 2'' lift ??
i no that i have to cut the guard a little.

hey mate heres what i did...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
spent 3 days mounting my bullbar and working it all out and getting it right as the winch sits completly seperate to the actual bar on its own cradle so i was happy enough that i could weld good enough to do it especially because i used 2 of the existing bolt holes....

so i spent a good day looking at the mount until finally i relised the bolt holes are all the same distance apart roughly 60 ml so all i did is lift the bar so the bottom bolt hole was sitting in the middle and it worked perfectly..

but i wanted to add metal to the mount so that i could have all the bolts in it

excuse the shitty drawing just to give you a rough idea of what i did i cut a plate out to match the shape of the existing mount ,got it all right then v'd it both sides to aloow me to weld 3 runs either side ,i then drilled the top bolt hole through the plate i had welded

there are 2 little m6 bolts or m8 bolts there aswell for some reason i did not bother re drilling them as i believe if 6 xm12 bolts don't hold it your in trouble let us no if u have trouble understandng my sketch

cheers boxy

"as the winch sits completly seperate to the actual bar."

by itself buddy. pretty sure he had to cut a rung out of the bull bar so the winch plate would sit flush.

hi mate,

did you have to move any earth wires or anything like that also?

Very helpful thread just wanna gather all information before I start this..

cheers

hi mate,

did you have to move any earth wires or anything like that also?

Very helpful thread just wanna gather all information before I start this..

cheers
nah mate ther eis some little earth wire thing from the exhaust to the chassis that broke on mine i just left it off

Great write up and an awesome looking rig. I am doing a 2 and 2'' lift soon to a D22, so I found the tools needed and how easy it seems very interesting. Congrats on a great post!!

hi boxy,

did the rear bumper bar come up with the lift???(probably not)... if so how did you over come this issue??

hi boxy,
what size, offset and brand of rims are you running, and do they hang outside the quards?

cheers
eric

Hey Eric they are dynamic 16x8 with 0 offset pretty sure there the only steely 16x8s on the market for the d 40 don't let anyone tell u they don't make them or they won't fit lol

Latest posts

Back