Terrano/Pathfinder doors

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajcmbrown

Reaction score
I read here some time ago that Terrano/Pathfinder front doors will fit my 96 D21 Navara single cab 4x4, I have searched but no luck.
Can anyone tell me if that is correct? I would love to be able to piss off those noisy 1/4 vent windows

Last edited:
Take a look in my build log, linked in my signature. I've been through three sets of doors, two pathy, one Terrano, all fitted up easily.

You might find that you can actually remove the glass and quarter vent from your doors, and replace the glass and winding mechanism without replacing the whole door. I'm going to be trying that on my ute sometime in the few months.

Having said that, I actually like having the 1/4 panes at times.

Thanks for the replies fellas, that is good news. I like the 1/4 vent windows......except for the incessant f#@&ing whistling from them due to the rubbers going hard and perishing.

I considered replacing the rubbers but I guess that they are quite expensive, if still available!

The idea of having a lower cabin noise is very appealing, as the whistling only adds enormously to an already noisy ride anyway.
I guess NVH levels were not a primary consideration in 1996, well not on commercials anyway.
Who knows, I may even get power windows! Sounds like power windows might be more trouble than they are worth though, and I believe that the cab chassis doors are braced for the mirror brackets, where the tub doors only have to take light weight traditional door mirrors.
I have seen other brands that start with a "T" that have had the cab chassis mirrors fitted to a tub style door only to eventually crack around the mounting points on the door panel.
Having said all that, I dont know if my ute started life as a cab chassis or a tub style ute anyway, it has a steel tray on it now, but it may not have been delivered new that way.
Can anyone confirm the door bracing on Navs? Mine are not giving me any trouble, but thought it might be of interest to others.
Pinelli's idea has merit, it would not necessarily be any easier, but could be a good option if the same colour doors are not available.

I'm away from home at the moment, and won't be back for a couple of weeks, otherwise I'd have a look for you.

Latest posts

Back