D40 money sucking piece of shit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Buy an auto, its the right tool for the job" - real trucks are manual.

I run a transport fleet consisting of 25 heavy vehicles and I had done for the last 10 years (I've worked here for over 30).

The single greatest improvement in vehicle reliability, fuel economy and reduced maintenance costs in my entire work history occurred when we stopped buying manuals and started buying autos.

EVERYTHING improved except for the occasional cowboy driver who's ego couldn't handle the change.

So... if you want to buy a manual ute because it's your weekend toy go for it, but don't fool yourself... modern autos ARE the 'right tool for the job'.

So... if you want to buy a manual ute because it's your weekend toy go for it, but don't fool yourself... modern autos ARE the 'right tool for the job'.

Exactly, No point going at a bit of 2x4 with a hacksaw, or trying to undo a hex nut with a screw driver. Buy the right tool for the job.

EVERYTHING improved except for the occasional cowboy driver who's ego couldn't handle the change.

Haha how true is that! A mob I work with in the same industry had...still have exactly the same problem. The number of morons rushing in ready to bag out autos and carry on that the big boys in their Kenworths and Western Stars wouldn't be seen dead using an auto box in a heavy vehicle is amazing. Although whats more amazing is how a desperate company keeps hiring these road warriors.

navaras suck $14000.00 in repairs in 16 months for 4 year old car. nissan dealers are incompetent fcking dckheds will be buying a toyota very soon. to nissan dealers everywhere get a fcking BUS up your arse.

G, day mate,

Firstly, I used to farken own 2006 Spanish built D40, 6 spd manual, and yes, I had trouble with my clutch. However, I did my farken research and knew there was a problem with the dual mass fly-wheel and clutch set-up when it came to towing heavy loads. Especially when towing up farken steep boat-ramps, the farken hills around Coffs-Harbour and also doing farken beach work. I was advised by the farken lads at Nissan at Coffs Harbour to buy an auto, as they stated it would handle what I wanted to achieve. I advised them that I preferred a farken manual over an auto, the mechanic advised me, to do the sort of work that I had outlined, I would be better changing from the dual-mass set-up and purchase a solid fly-wheel with a h/duty clutch and this is what I farken did.

I bought a solid fly-wheel and h/duty exceedy clutch kit from Direct Clutch Services in Brisbane for $1,500.00 and farken fitted the scrunt myself, and I never had a problem with the clutch again!

Now my farken fussy arsed friend!!!!, I am a farken hard-driver when it comes to off-road applications. I took my D40 up to farken Cape-York last year farken loaded with nearly a farken tonne of weight and farken towing a farken Jayco-Off-road camper trailer farken fully loaded and farken weighing 1.5 tonnes. I travelled the farken Creb track and the farken Telegraph track and completed all the farken various river crossings and winching out off several of the farkers!!! At no time did my farken clutch look like ever playing up with the new set-up. I then farken travelled to Frazer Island and several serious farken 4x4 camp spots around Coffs Harbour and I never had a farken issue. Check my farken Cape-York thread for further proof!

Secondly, before farken slagging of Nissan and Navara’s, do your farken research and check out the various farken Toyota Hilux complaints thread on the farken internet, especially Complaints Corner regarding farken farked Hilux’s the following headings are some of the farken complaints listed;

Engine seizures, blown turbo’s, burnt out valves, injector problems, fuel system failures, clutch problems, blown gearboxes, transfer case issues, front and rear diff problems, poor fuel economy issues and finally how expensive Toyota parts and service costs are!

Regards,

RLI
:rambo:

If you read between the lines of the op, think most of it was self inflicted. First the poor choice of transmission then "had to put a chip in it..." then cracked injector tubes, pump failure... cracked exhaust manifold. Sounds the like the wick (fuel pressure) was way up, causing stress on the injection system, was over fueling, to much heat- then bang!

Awe come on you can't suggest user error just because of all that it's obviously Nissan built and supplied a piece of crap and Toyota would have done better.

You guys need to remember .. In today's society it is always somebody else's fault!

Nobody makes mistakes any more! It is never their problem! It must of been caused by the manufacturer because It is not my fault.

You guys need to remember .. In today's society it is always somebody else's fault!

Nobody makes mistakes any more! It is never their problem! It must of been caused by the manufacturer because It is not my fault.

G,day Tagman,

Well said mate! Maybe we should call the gent passion fingers, everything he touches he farkkkkks!!!!!!!

Regards,

RLI
:rambo:

Latest posts

Back