how to install a boost gauge

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
is there anyone out there that knows how to install a boost gauge in to 2013 d40 and if so please tell me as its driving me nuts trying to work it out????

Have you thought of a scan gauge. it plugs in to the obd and reads boost off the boost sensor already installed. I have one on mine and it is good. but if you want a separate boost guage then all you need to do is tee into the existing tube running to the factory sensor its on the drivers side of the intercooler. you will see a little tube running to the sensor. just tee it and run to boost gauge.

Its a 2.5 and ive done the whole t piece in the boost sensor hose but still wont work, i need to mayb find another boost line some where maybe?

The thing is i know the gauge works as ive only just pulled it out of the xr6 turbo i just sold, could the computer in it being so new have an effect of it not working?

A boost gauge operated by air pressure won't be affected by the ECU.

The boost pressure sensor on my D40 is actually on the side of the intercooler and I'd be really surprised if they put it on the end of a tube in the 2013 model (more things can go wrong).

If you DO need a boost gauge that is separate to the sensor that is used by the ECU, you're best to look at connecting to somewhere between (including) the cold side of the intercooler and the intake manifold. It should be possible to add a small piece into the hosing that has an outlet for your gauge in it.

Otherwise, if you CAN use the ECU's sensor (which from all reports is reasonably accurate) then either get a Scangauge (simplistic display) or purchase an ELM-327 compliant Bluetooth OBD II adapter (should cost about $20 or so delivered) and use an Android-based Smartphone with an application like Torque.

Ok sweet thanks Tony, i think it is the piece i taped in to at the top tho. Ive seen pictures on here of where i put mine. Might have to give the OBD a go as i cant seem to get it to work.

I can't see why that wouldn't work unless there was a blockage (and we know that the intercoolers do collect some oil from blow-by emission).

Going the OBD route does have some significant advantages. An app that reads your OBD data will give you a LOT more than just boost pressure. My 2009 D40 includes data like fuel flow rate, fuel rail pressure, MAFS flow rate, intake air temp, coolant temp, engine load, throttle position and lots, lots more.

Latest posts

Back