Blower motor resistor blown?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirdooms

Reaction score
Hey guys, Just made this for anyone having dramas with their air-con not going at certain speeds.

I have a 2007 D40 STX and a while ago my air-con stopped working at speed 1 and 2, leaving me with either 3 or 4. Did a bit of research and found that it's related to the blower motor resistor (part number 27150-5Z000, on my model anyway)

Without the resistor, the fan will either blow at speed 4 (on) or not at all (off)

So I rang Nissan to find out the part number and price and they came back to me with $370! So my next step was to ring the wreckers, and they told me $140. Just for anyone reading, the Thai-built Navaras have a cheaper resistor, might be a different part.

So I thought well I'll search for the part number on eBay, got the same thing, $140ish, but then decided to search worldwide and lo and behold, the part number matches the part used in the Frontier. Ended up buying Genuine Nissan part 27150-5Z000 from an ebay seller in the states http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/161171289497?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 as a test. It arrived yesterday (About a week postage) for ~$65. Just installed it and I finally have my air-con working properly again!

This is located in the passenger footwell. Disconnect this plug.

You need to undo these 2 screws (7/32 socket from memory)

This is the old one I had, new one is of course exactly the same, pop it in and reverse these steps and you;re done!

Hopefully this helps someone as I've heard it's a common problem. Now if only somebody could make one on fixing the rear passenger door actuator problem that would be fantastic :p

I also did this and bought mine from ebay USA ,,,,, nissan Australia biggest rip offs ! Also paying $140 from the wreckers for a second hand electronic part what a joke! ,my 2c worth.

What are you doing with the old ones?
Would like to get hold of one to see if they could be rebuilt

Im sure i have my old on in the shed somwhere.im on holidays for 2 weeks.if you want ill post it to you either before (time permitting)or when i return...from memory mine blew what looked to be a smd diode or fusable link.solder pads were torched tho.

Farrrrk I call bullshit on that price nissan, it has to be able to be done so anyone wishing to donate busted ones to me let me know.
Even rebuilding a resistor array with 20w resistors wouldn't even get close to that price.

uploadfromtaptalk1406535318654.jpghere is the old one and the part i recieved from ebay.think it was $36. Scour ebay for them they turn up!! Pm me mal and ill send it to you

Had the same issue guys. I ordered mine through ebay, worked out around $67 AUD landed. Fitted this arvo and finally back to normal. I was quoted $320 through nissan and $140 from a wrecker so $67 was a huge saving. Thanks for the help from the forum guys

Ok well received Camo.b's old one today , all I can say is screw you nissan, the section that is open circuit is simply a printed fusible link , so with some calculation it should be replaceable with a smd fuse for 2 parts of stuff all

Im sure a smd somthing dropped out with it....actually when i looked at it before i posted it to you it didnt look as cooked as i remember....

Wow...Does it actually say do not repair??..i was always going to tinker with it just my tinkering pile is now just a full cupboard full of broken crap...i live in the sticks too...ebay orders are super easy!!

Yep it says do not repair, which I can understand a little as if it is done wrong and decided to actually burn a bit could scare the crap out of you with smoke filling the cab. But like I said done correctly there would be no issue apart from ni$$an missing out on some money

^ I think it's not just Nissan, but the suppliers too. If memory serves, the resistor pack in my L300 cost me $170 or so and that was like 25 years ago. That was back when I used to hold a soldering iron on the wrong end and wonder why it didn't work. I've lurned gooder now, and I don't turn the irons on any more.

Latest posts

Back