VG30e fuel usage

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinto

Reaction score
Hi I have recently purchased a Navara D21 single cab 2WD with auto box and the VG30E fuel injected petrol engine.. It's a great little ute but it's using 16-20 litres of petrol every 100 km.
This is worst than my old V8 falcon with a 5.8 litre engine . I can only travel 250 km before the low fuel light comes on . I ran it down on fuel the other day and put 57 litres in the 60 litre tank after only 280 km !!
The little Datsun starts and runs well . Air filter is new and there is no black smoke from the exhaust also it's running 91 unleaded fuel.
Is this high fuel usage normal ?
My ZD 30 powered Patrol uses 10-12 litres in 100 km..
Also my old 4 litre falcon was using 12-14 litres per 100 km.
I now have a 20 litre jerry can mounted full time in the alloy tray as I live rural and the nearest town is 70 km away

hehehe its a Nissan they all seem to use a lot of fuel

i have a D21 1989 with a now dead Z24 in it and it was doing about 17 to 18 for the 100Km

i have the parts to do a DT27T conversion to it but i need my health to improve a bit more before i even try it

Hi I have recently purchased a Navara D21 single cab 2WD with auto box and the VG30E fuel injected petrol engine.. It's a great little ute but it's using 16-20 litres of petrol every 100 km.
This is worst than my old V8 falcon with a 5.8 litre engine . I can only travel 250 km before the low fuel light comes on . I ran it down on fuel the other day and put 57 litres in the 60 litre tank after only 280 km !!
The little Datsun starts and runs well . Air filter is new and there is no black smoke from the exhaust also it's running 91 unleaded fuel.
Is this high fuel usage normal ?
My ZD 30 powered Patrol uses 10-12 litres in 100 km..
Also my old 4 litre falcon was using 12-14 litres per 100 km.
I now have a 20 litre jerry can mounted full time in the alloy tray as I live rural and the nearest town is 70 km away

You need two jobs to fuel the VG30 mate, it drinks like a priest on Sunday. Try new plugs and leads for a start see if that helps.

Latest posts

Back