Click/clunk from front end

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GunMentalGrey

Reaction score
Our pathfinder R51 (D40 wagon) has a clunk/click noise in the front end, at least that's where it sounds like it is coming from. So far I've crawled around underneath and I asked the local shop to have a look when I had some front tyres fitted but haven't found anything yet. I need to take it back to them to get them to go on a test drive to help diagnose the issue.

I can pretty much predict when it will occur. Usually when decelerating and then turn to the left and the sound appears to come from the right front wheel area when the suspension is loaded up. It also happens on rougher surfaces, but can be hard to hear specifically due to other noises. It is a definite sound that is repeatable when you know how.

Anyone else experienced anything similar from their vehicle that might help diagnose the issue?

Thanks.

Our pathfinder R51 (D40 wagon) has a clunk/click noise in the front end, at least that's where it sounds like it is coming from. So far I've crawled around underneath and I asked the local shop to have a look when I had some front tyres fitted but haven't found anything yet. I need to take it back to them to get them to go on a test drive to help diagnose the issue.

I can pretty much predict when it will occur. Usually when decelerating and then turn to the left and the sound appears to come from the right front wheel area when the suspension is loaded up. It also happens on rougher surfaces, but can be hard to hear specifically due to other noises. It is a definite sound that is repeatable when you know how.

Anyone else experienced anything similar from their vehicle that might help diagnose the issue?

Thanks.

Cv joint?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finally got around to getting it sorted. Was the lower shock absorber bushing. Replaced both sides at about $30 ea plus labour. All good now - at least so far!

Latest posts

Back