stx 550

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

axe911

Reaction score
I have 2014 stx550 and want to improve the ride.
Still have standard springs fr and rear
We tow a caravan with a ball weight of 180kg with about 100kg in the back of the ute.
Have fitted Bilsteins front and rear which improved ride a bit
Dont want to have problems with camber or top arms knocking.
Looking at OME 20 to 30mm lift at front about 40mm at rear in their lightest spring kit
or maybe the dobinson kit that has a 10mm front and 35mm rear lift
Any thoughts on this

We went the OME Dakar springs in ours for exactly the same reason. Under the canopy we normally have a dual battery, Engel 60L, Stirling 40L, Honda Eu20, 10L unleaded plus some tools in the tub, 2.5T behind with a ball weight supposedly of 135Kg but I suspect closer to 200Kg.

Because we're not always loaded up like that I wanted springs that didn't fully engage until they were loaded, so that going over speed bumps wouldn't give us a jolt from overly stiff leaf springs. When loaded up, the last leaves engage and the car barely sags.

I also use a weight distribution hitch - but that's not to prevent sag, that's to force the weight back onto the front wheels. Load 'er up without the WDH in place and take it on a gravel road to find out how dangerous it is to not use a WDH.

Hi Tony, how are your OME rear springs going? My Dobinson 150kg constant load have given in after 7 years of towing. Carry Engel, battery and assorted gear in tub full time plus 250kg ball weight when van is hooked up. Also use WDH when towing. Undecided if to replace with Dobinson again. Some told me to go with Outback Armour but you seemed happy with the OME. Would appreciate your input.
thanks

Hi Tony, how are your OME rear springs going? My Dobinson 150kg constant load have given in after 7 years of towing. Carry Engel, battery and assorted gear in tub full time plus 250kg ball weight when van is hooked up. Also use WDH when towing. Undecided if to replace with Dobinson again. Some told me to go with Outback Armour but you seemed happy with the OME. Would appreciate your input.
thanks

Still going strong, no inversion of the pack and no discernible height loss loaded or unloaded. The shocks are also still in good nick, I was thinking they might not last given how many rough roads we travel on, but they're still performing quite well.

Thanks Tony, my Dobinson springs just sagged dramatically. How much higher did the rear sit with the OMEs?

Latest posts

Back