Diagnosis on code 31 and 71 /0301,0701 '03 zd

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is now getting the crank sensor fault on cold start now as well. Am interested to see if yours is good once the new starter is in.
I will look at the pump rpm on starting tomorrow on my datascan app mate, and I will keep your offer in mind too, thanks bud��

Mine is now getting the crank sensor fault on cold start now as well. Am interested to see if yours is good once the new starter is in.
I will look at the pump rpm on starting tomorrow on my datascan app mate, and I will keep your offer in mind too, thanks bud��

Your welcome mate, that's what the forums for " i think" to help "and in my case TO BE HELPED ;)

Regarding pump rpm, If you could check that for me that would be great! Just see if it moves before it starts .

Plus, if i can save a fellow Australian save a buck I'm all for it... use it to diagnose yours and if it's not the issue pass it on to the next bloke for diagnostics... if it is the issue, the beers on you lol

Rum in another post was onto a good thing, i cant find it now but it was to do with the starter motor and a new diagnostics machine "A.G.E.S- or something like that" that found the fault in 5min, starter motor soleniod!

I feel for the bloke who was charged "get this" $600 to replace a cps, for 1 to 1.5 hours work- what swines! I got a genuine nissan one from Dubia for $70 so nissan dealers dont pay all that much for them, lets say cps $100 + 1hr labour another $100 tops =$200 not $600, what mutts...
We need these forums so much eh and with out being slanderous, we need to name and shame these rip off mechanics and help our mates out fighting them in civil suits... well, that's my "hippy thought of the day" ;))

Starter should turn up tomorrow so I'll keep ya posted man.. i am soooooo apprehensive, part of me saying yeah it's the starter all is going to be ok, but the other part is just laaaughing at that thought ... if ya need the cps yell out man..

Ok up date, new starter in a no start :(

Had a friend operate the shut down butterfly whilst i turned her over just to see if it was at fault and the code read after that attempt now show 41 and 71 crank pos sensor and cam pos sensor???

Oh it get worse, the new starter worked fine for 6 or so cranks then the solenoid on the starter jammed on and the starter keeps spinning, not engaging the fly wheel but just spinning over??

Ok mate, I checked on my my scantool this arvo and the fuel pump rpm was a bit dodgy. I did see some readings for the pump but it seems the unit disconnects when I start to crank the engine so I wouldn't trust them. Especially as once it showed around 6000 rpm! Sorry bro but perhaps it is the IP...

Ok mate, I checked on my my scantool this arvo and the fuel pump rpm was a bit dodgy. I did see some readings for the pump but it seems the unit disconnects when I start to crank the engine so I wouldn't trust them. Especially as once it showed around 6000 rpm! Sorry bro but perhaps it is the IP...

Cheers man, thanks for that and i am thinking pump too...

Well bigggg week and no time for "the Nav issue" other than to order parts and surface rust treatment ;)

Yes, i have decided to go the pump ... If anyone has any recommendations as to a VP44 outlet please let me know..

Also I'm keen to do the oil pump "gear cover"! Anyone had experience with these ? Anyone know where or if you can get the "rotors" for these oil pumps?

I am seriously considering doing the oil pump but finding information is limited on the manual i have "on disc" , either doesn't have it or i can't find it..
I can find the "exploded diagram " of the "oil pump/gear cover" but nadda on the "how to, what's needed and what to look out for" section!
Has anyone noticed a section on "removal of front gear cover" or oil pump?

Anyway that's the thought, if the front cover is to hard to get info on I'll just do the pump. Shame though, the hard parts done! She's all stripped and waiting for the injector pump and timing chain kit.
If anyone's interested in part numbers and prices i can post them up..

I'll post some pics when the parts start to come in- hopefully!

Latest posts

Back