Injector Timing?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starsky

Reaction score
At about 60,00 klm (while still covered by the manufacturers warranty) I reported to the Nissan Dealership that my 2013 had noisy fuel injectors. They said that it was caused by a batch of faulty fuel that was in town at the time. At 70,000Klm the Injectors were still noisy (the nav was still under warranty). At 80,000 Klm I was out of warranty by time and they reported to me I needed the timing done on my lifters to stop the noise and that it needed doing at my 90,000 klm service for a cost of $250.00 or I could be up for new injectors.

I am now due for the 90,000 klm service.

Has anyone else been told this?
Is it worth spending the $250.00?
What do they do to adjust the timing on Injectors.
Can other service centres carry out this adjustment?

Thanks

Rob

Last edited:
i can't make head or tail of that.

what ute do you have?
what engine does it have?

most don't have lifters (if any).
lifters are not affected by fuel in any way
and adjustment on lifters isn't anything to do with timing.

if you mean injectors,
they get really noisy with bad fuel (cause they are stuffed), but there is no timing adjustment you can do.
repair isn't a few hundred, its a few thousand.

Thanks for that, my stuff up I meant injectors. I have now edited the original post

I have a 2013 D40 2.5 litre auto.

The dealership said the timing on my injectors require adjustment and it costs $250.00 for them to attach the computer to the D40 and make the changes to the timing of the injectors.

From your reply I see you are also skeptical of the dealership statement.

I will do further investigating

Thanks for your help.

Rob

afaik theres no way to adjust injectors. certainly cannot adjust timing.
unless they are trying to fiddle with injector codes to band aid a problem. ie to put the wrong codes in to make the ecu think the injectors are to big.

i would do a fuel filter change and reset the fuel pump learning data.
possible a blocked up filter caused the noise. filter does impact injection pressure which changes combustion noise.

noise is often from faulty injectors, faulty suction control valve (both can be caused by bad fuel) or its suffering from the timing chain issue (not sure if its a problem on that year).

it sounds like stealership is talking out its arse.

Latest posts

Back