Sounds

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesseZam

Reaction score
Hi all

I have 2003 D22 ZD30 motor.

I am having an issue with a banding sounds coming from the rear passenger side. At first I thought it was the tail gate, sorted that out. It wasn't. Then I thought it was the spring bushes, installed new ones, sounds still there. Then moved to the rear seat tightened that up, Jack is out moving around. Ahhh sounds remains. Moved to the cabin mounts tightened them all up. You can guess it the dam sounds is still there. Any have an suggestions that I could check. Its irritating the life out of me.

Jesse

Back seat rattling on the latches or something inside the rear doors has come loose maybe.
Could also be in the tub somewhere.
Spare tyre.
Have you checked the exhaust isn't hitting on the under body somewhere?

Hi all

I have 2003 D22 ZD30 motor.

I am having an issue with a banding sounds coming from the rear passenger side. At first I thought it was the tail gate, sorted that out. It wasn't. Then I thought it was the spring bushes, installed new ones, sounds still there. Then moved to the rear seat tightened that up, Jack is out moving around. Ahhh sounds remains. Moved to the cabin mounts tightened them all up. You can guess it the dam sounds is still there. Any have an suggestions that I could check. Its irritating the life out of me.

Jesse

Not sure what "a banding sounds" means? Does it happen at any particular speed, when cornering, over corrugations, at roundabouts? What sort of sound is it?

Not sure what "a banding sounds" means? Does it happen at any particular speed, when cornering, over corrugations, at roundabouts? What sort of sound is it?
I was wondering that too, but assumed he meant banging sound...

Body mounts could be buggered, not just loose. Otherwise there have already been some good suggestions. Start with the simple stuff first, as mentioned the exhaust, is there any hanger rubbers broken away or have you got a 3" fitted that comes close to the floor on the passenger's side and the left rear spring hanger.

Are you definitely sure it's from the rear? Any changes to suspension recently (apart from replacing the spring bushes?) Did you replace the front and rear bushes on both springs?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back