Distance to empty and lt/100 disappeared

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oweywest

Reaction score
After disconnecting the battery, the distance to empty and lt /100 has disappeared from the instrument cluster. I have read various threads with suggestions as to fixing the problem, 1: removing the fuse. And 2: doing reset procedure on dash, but neither had any effect.
Has anyone actually worked out how to fix this problem or is it back to the dealership each time the battery needs to be disconnected?

2112 St

Please dont quote me..
I think the same question was asked a few months back and i think i read the answer being as simple as pressing the change menu button? Is that the one on the cluster?

Yes I did read the previous posts regarding this issue,and have tried the mentioned solutions. It appears though that these methods do not work, as I can't see anyone having success.
There must be a solution that works otherwise it is a costly exercise if you have to take the vehicle to the dealership everything the battery is disconnected.
Any constructive solutions would be appreciated.

Any constructive solutions would be appreciated.

Hope you didn't read my comment as " this topic has already been posted- you should know the answer" just thought i remembered reading something similar. Hopefully if you were to take it to a dealer it wouldn't need to be a costly exercise

Okay, so i went looking and found that thread again. Maybe you have read it.
http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=6047&page=3
Post #23 from Old.Tony suggests to pull the dash fuse.
Remember there is more than one fuse box, this one looks to be the one to the left of your open glove box.
Maybe try changing the trip meter with your steering wheel controls if applicable or press and hold the cluster button/s with a combo of ignition on/off

Yes. They are the two solutions that have been written about, but with no success from me. And It appears from reading that no one seems to have had success either..
I did note though that you have to hold the clock spindle in for 5-8sec not the trip one, on later models, to get the dash into test mode. This just cycles through a test of the gauges. Doesn't reset the trip, distance etc.
Pulling the mentioned fuse just resets trip counter etc.
Any other solution?

I just went down to the dealership to ask and was pleased with the chat I had, especially since they didn't charge.
I was shown the procedure to do.
Simply hold down the information button on the steering wheel while simultaneously holding in the trip stalk with ignition on.
This was done while I watched, and it worked..
Had a chat about the other two procedures mentioned on the forum, and no, it will not fix the above problem.
Not sure if this will work on earlier models but will work on the later ones.

This happened to me after battery disconnected. Found that you just press the "i" button on steering wheel, and functions were returned. It worked for me in 2012 ST D40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back