Lock button

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tried to do a search but it wouldn't show me any results.

Just got home with my 2012 D22 after picking it up and realised it hasn't got a button lock for the doors. Is still central locking but by key only.

How do I go about getting a button installed and a remote?

Does it have an alarm/immobiliser? Mine had central locking by key from new and I had an alarm installed straight away to get the remote access. Mine is 2005 and immobilisers weren't compulsory on commercials back then.

Does it have an alarm/immobiliser? Mine had central locking by key from new and I had an alarm installed straight away to get the remote access. Mine is 2005 and immobilisers weren't compulsory on commercials back then.
I got mine in 2010 and they weren't compulsory in WA then at least haha...

As for the central locking button. You may be able to fit one, but you would also have to fit an actuator to the driver's door so it locks it. The later models never came with them. I got nissan to fit an immobiliser and remote locking to mine before delivery. All they did was fit a slave actuator inside the driver's door. This then uses the factory locking mechanism to send a lock and unlock signal to the other doors like it would when using the key...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Not an extra at all. They only came with keyed lock in drivers door.
Some have an immobiliser from Nissan that did lock the doors.
I put in an aftermarket alarm system (Mongoose S60). Immobiliser, silent on off, motion detector, turbo timer and a whole bunch of other goodies.
Only a couple of hundred dollars installed.

Latest posts

Back