Diesel fuel additives

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Tony,
Do you have any of these cleaners you would recommend for my D21 SD25,
you know , the powerful one, LoL, I have just finished servicing my "Warmers"
and would like to put a Liquid cleaner through the Injectors before Winter falls upon us!
Best regards,
highway man!:deadhorse2:

I have had good success with this product from SCA. Easy to use - pour the whole can in your tank. I've used it with 40L left and just let it go, and I've used it with 80L of diesel in the tank. You notice the difference (if you're having a problem - my engine was "hunting" at idle) because it'll change within the first 100km - mine did. I was very impressed.

500 ml, so probably not enough to fill the fuel filter.

Thinking about it, not sure it would work very well anyway. Probably would quickly end up being diluted in the tank via return hose instead of circulating? Surely better than nothing though.

This is true. The flow rate through the filter is phenomenal. Would it still do the job? I can't think why it wouldn't.

Cmon guys man up and do the Liquimoly purge challenge!

Its really not hard, even if you do f*** up and suck some air you just reprime with the squeezie bulb

Any diesel mech will tell you if you want to freshen your injector nozzles the pure stuff will do a quicker and more thorough job than adding to tank

That said the tank additive stuff works too

i like the idea of adding this liquid moly to the new fuel filter as you have to prime the new filter anyway so why not do this all in one easy hit. i doubt this liquid would just stay in the filter as the diesel fuel should slowly mix in together eventually leaving the filter moly free.

Well Czechmate, I did a service and did the Liquimoly diesel purge as well. Also put some injector cleaner in a full tank. Will give it a while and see how it goes.

Generally I'm sceptical of the gamut of additives available, and from experience find the fuel ones a waste of money, in that they don't really clean anything and only make any sort of difference for a limited time (basically while the stuff is in your fuel). I think they take advantage of that human foible known as the placebo effect. Happy to be wrong about that though.

Just did the liquimoly purge, easy as. Hardest part was getting the return hose off the bottom. If I had some spare hose I would disconnect at the pump and bung a new piece in. I stopped with around 15mm in the can and poured the rest in the tank. Economy seems better, will see after this tank

Latest posts

Back