My 2012 D40 Navara, Set up for Touring

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought the back wheels just gotta find a spare rear bumper and sports bar to matte black out

plastidip is your friend. ive done my rear bar, looks close to 1 million times better than the chrome, one can will do it. and you can peel it off if you ever get sick of it!

you can get the sports bar powdercoated - they break down in to 3 pieces and will cost about $100. i bought a second hand stx550 one and it ended up costing me a ton to buy a loom to connect the brake light etc.

plastidip is your friend. ive done my rear bar, looks close to 1 million times better than the chrome, one can will do it. and you can peel it off if you ever get sick of it!

you can get the sports bar powdercoated - they break down in to 3 pieces and will cost about $100. i bought a second hand stx550 one and it ended up costing me a ton to buy a loom to connect the brake light etc.

I came across same expensive loom, so I just ended up hooking it up to the parker and break light wiring.

I wired my sports bar brake light into the trailer plug wiring (brake). No messing with the factory wiring.

Yeah I'm leaning towards plastic dip for the bumper, not sure what I'm going to do with the sport bar as I have already run lights and wires through the sports bar for my work lights and led light bar etc seems like a lot of work so might leave it chrome to brake it up a bit?

a few snaps from a recent trip to my place down south, the coldest its been in awhile!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1416.jpg
    IMG_1416.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0998.jpg
    IMG_0998.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_1107.jpg
    IMG_1107.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_1113.jpg
    IMG_1113.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 143
does your dash blinks when it goes below 3'c? if so do you know how to turn it off? kinda getting annoying lately.. blinking at me constantly

does your dash blinks when it goes below 3'c? if so do you know how to turn it off? kinda getting annoying lately.. blinking at me constantly

Yeah it does flash at me, I try to ignore it. Once it gets down to 0 or colder in mine it stops flashing .

Not sure how to turn it off, I thinks it's a safety feature to warn people of potential ice and the cold so probably can't turn it off.

Yeah it does flash at me, I try to ignore it. Once it gets down to 0 or colder in mine it stops flashing .

Not sure how to turn it off, I thinks it's a safety feature to warn people of potential ice and the cold so probably can't turn it off.

I would of hope there was way to confirming the warning and turning it off lol I think I pushed all the buttons on steering and dash if it does stop flashing. but obviously no luck.

Going back a little. But I had the clip on style roof racks from ryno rack. did a trip to the cape and the corrugation shock all the bolts and screws loose on many occasions. Ive got a set of screw in ones on my d40 now. cant fault them and can move the mounts up or down.

Wow really? So far I've had no problems, I've only done mild corrugations but some pretty extensive off road work. I'd heard stories of the roofs leaking when they fix the rails onto to roof for other bolt on track types so that's why I stuck to these ones. Everyone has their own encounters and experiences I guess.

Once I look at a cape trip I'll be getting a canopy and proper steel roof rack anyway to be sure.

Hi, nice rig and well set up, just a question, I notice you have 2 antennas on the front bar, 1 for UHF I pressume, what does the other do?? Phone kit??

Cheers.

Hi, nice rig and well set up, just a question, I notice you have 2 antennas on the front bar, 1 for UHF I pressume, what does the other do?? Phone kit??

Cheers.

Spot on, The one of the passenger side is UHF the driver's side is a IPhone phone kit, just been updated to use the new Satleeve System when im away.

New Snorkel installed this week. Ended up going with the AirTec TJM Snorkel. After shopping around and looking at different brands etc was $180 less then a Safari Snorkel and only $120 more then a knock off Chinese like one.

TJM in Hornsby, great work guys!

Attachments

• IMG_0363.jpg
    IMG_0363.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_0360.jpg
    IMG_0360.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_1676.jpg
    IMG_1676.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_1674.jpg
    IMG_1674.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 285
Finally got my In-car kit phone and New UHF installed! Uniden Compact to a GME 4505 Aerial, honestly awesome now!

Just bought off road trailer to help carry the load when we head bush, anyone put navara hubs onto their trailer to run same stud pattern?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 187
free wheeking hubs for D40 , i noticed someone has claimed to have fitted d22 free wheeling hubs on this forum , but that was 5 years ago , have not seen any more about it and wanted to know if it has been achieved

Thanks David

Latest posts

Back