Furking bloody nissan POS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iceman

Reaction score
As you can guess from the title i am not best pleased with my D40 at the moment! Return of the erratic surging throttle and limp mode whilst overtaking a logging truck up a hill in wet around a bend with loads of traffic up my trumpet.
So this week its been stuffed injectors, inverted rear springs, aircon failure, blower motor resistor failure, dodgy throttle response, and only just replaced the shocks which were buggered and timing chain... And im sure there was more.
Its only done 150k
Gonna sell this piece of shit and buy a real truck. One NOT made by nissan!

Anybody care to recommend a truck that a tradie can actually rely on?

Ranger?
Triton?
D Max?

Er great wall....probably the most reliable of the all!

Cheers

ebay579242.jpg

?????

I carn't mention the word *max here but the Ranger seems popular with most i speak with on the caravan forum that have had issues with Nissan have moved to the Ranger some has had terrible problems others none.Sorry to here of yours some d22's have over 600k on them without a problem ,maby you ran over a Chinaman that sure is bad luck.

Sorry to hear your Navara ain't working out for ya!

Mate of mine bought himself a PX Ranger Wildtrack model, his bro-in-law bought the XLT model. Both are very happy with them. The Wildtrack is really nice smooth ride (been car pooling last couple of weeks with said mate), good power, very quiet on road.

Would like a hilux but spent all my dosh on a navara. Wont do that again!
Dont get me wrong, i like the nav and it has many good points but it just engineered and built by 1st grader students.
Nissan have shot themselves in the foot. Build it cheap and lots of people will buy it - once and then your name is mud.
So nissan im giving you the finger!

Yep I think most get your drift, why don't you fire off a email to Nissan with your disappointment maybe a reply if your lucky or just sell and move on obviously you won't put more coin into your current disaster so it looks like no member here is able to assist much more.

Sorry John, wasnt in any way aimed at you. Just have to blow off steam. It is the have a rant section though...
Re the talking to nissan thing, a week before i got the nav i bought a brand spanking new x trail from the local nissan outfit. All went fine and as it only has 3k on it it has not been back yet. All well and good. But i got the nav from a 'non nissan' dealership (who have been fine but are very far away) on bringing the.nav to nissan and explaining the issues their response was, and i quote " guess it seemed like a good idea at the time..." To say i had visions of driving it through the flashey glass front of the showroom would be an understatement!
I guess like every dealership once they have the wedge out of your pocket and into theirs they just couldnt give a stuff.
Anyway rant over and lesson learned, put it into the should a could a would a basket!

All good mate no problems here I just feel sorry for you being a tradie myself I know if your wheels aren't turning you aren't earning limpmode can be f/ing dangerous at the wrong time glad your ok and hope things get better.
Regards
John

mate when I was in QLD our fleet vehicles were the new shape Ranger/ BT50. Cant fault them plenty of power, comfy seating for long trips ( Cairns to Weipa) and never had any mechanical problems although they were we all fairly new (between 50-120K). In Sydney we use tritons not as good (ugly looking) as the ranger but a lot cheaper get driven fairly hard and havnt had any real issues with them except for usual wear and tear. most have between 250-400K.

Well i have been tossing around so many possibilities but at the end of the day after working out the numbers i just cant afford to change trucks right now as i am going overseas next month. Once i get back i will defo look at a ranger. I do like the look of them and folks seem to be generally quite pleased with them. One of the big draws of nissan is the 1% finance they do at the moment.
Popped into the local dealership (nissan) today and had all the old cliches reaffermed. On a positive note they did say they would sell individual injectors at $780 each. The less positive note was that they treated an old lady who got there just before me so badly i almost had to intervene. It was really awfull. Four of them decended on her and went for the kill... Anyway new fuel filter on this afternoon so might help with strange throttle issues, i doubt it but i dont know how long the previous one was on the car.

Indeed sparra04. Only went there to get a genuine fuel filter, only place around here that has them. I do have an excellent mechanic who does all the work on my work vehicles but i owe him rather alot atm due to a gearbox failure on a work van...
I will be getting the injectors from Baily diesel group over the pond once i am back from holls. I understand they code them up to the ecu so they just need to be installed. A snap at $1200 for the four on exchange basis, oh and a two year warranty as well. The current ones sound like a bunch of angry gnomes with rattle cans under the hood:confused2:

A mate has gone through 2 motors in his kitted out Ranger this year already!
First motor had a hole blown through the piston from the injector - likely had something to do with his cheap chip that doesn't balance everything out on the ECU.
The second motor only lasted 1500k's and now he's having a massive battle with Ford over warranty replacement (they don't know about his shitty mod chip either).

I think all makes have the odd lemon or Friday build, some are better than others and then some are just money sucking nightmares.
I have heard enough horror stories with the D40's that start causing expensive troubles after as little as 60,000k's.

Latest posts

Back