• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Navara Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Airbag suspension

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longy509

Reaction score
Hi im chasing some rear airbag suspension for a d40 with a 2inch lift if anyone has any the want to part with,

Cheers,

your call, but i would'nt do it, there is plenty of history on the internet of people bending their chassis' due to air bags, and not just navara's!

type in (bent chassis due to air bags) on google and google images!

your call, but i would'nt do it, there is plenty of history on the internet of people bending their chassis' due to air bags, and not just navara's!

type in (bent chassis due to air bags) on google and google images!
I am just after them to level out my ute on one side i have a 35kg deep cycle battery hanging of the very rear of the tray and my ute has a good lean to that side because of it.

D40s are really weak above where the bags mount. If you can get a bracket that mounts under and on the side of the chassis you will be fine.

A 35kg battery ain't a lot of weight to lean your back end out. Thought about upgrading to aftermarket leaves or adding a leaf? Most aftermarket leaf springs are rated as 150kg constant and a 35kg weight on one side shouldn't make the truck lean like you say yours does

I agree with the others - work on the leaf springs rather than adding air bags and upgrading the chassis so that the air bags can't destroy the car.

35Kg isn't much - your furry friends often weigh more than that. It's possibly a flogged leaf that's causing the lean? Hard to say without a first-hand look at it unless you ask Zordo.

He'd be the best to seek this sort of advice from.

I also went to opt for the airbags on top of my threestage springs due to extra weight. Read an article on some 4wd book and was purely highlighting how airbags are not the source of breaking /bending chassis. Every picture they showed in the article were people using factory springs and airbags(using airbags to Carey the weight not to assist with weight. Its your call but I'd rather not install airbags and install a good set of springs to spread the payload over 2 mounting locations.

Russ

I already have 300kg rated rear springs but they were not enough to take the steel tray/canopy and all my tools etc so i had an extra leaf added to them as well a little while back it sits pretty high at the rear but the whole ute leans to the drivers

Last edited:
Are they efs springs? My old efs springs. Drivers side was 15mm lower. Heard of it happening to a few others

Last edited:
No i have not removed the battery for a while i rekn the spring has sagged a little bit too thats why i was considering airbags just to level that side up.i still have not measure the clearance on both sides but looking at the ute the front and rear are leaning to the drivers side

Finally got around to unloading all my tools and measuring clearance heights when measured from the hub the ute is 15mm lower on the front drivers side and 20mm lower on the rear drivers side,
Now is there anyway of checking front and rear springs without removing from the vehicle,also i realized my bullbar is twisted/bent which from the front makes it look like the ute is leaning alot more to the drivers side then it acually is.

Last edited:
I think im just going to have to bite the bullet and put new front coils in they are 3 years old so no warranty left on them and the rear i will will just put some sort of shim in i think.

Latest posts

Back