YD25 oil filter relocation kit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dilmah

Reaction score
Hi all

Im looking into running a oil filter relocation kit on my race truck. Part of the reason is that I need to run an oil cooler of some sorts and the easiest way to do this is to run a relocation kit and plumb the cooler in between the block and filter.

Oil Filter: Ryco Z89A
Thread pitch 3/4 16UNF
Height: 94mm

I was thinking something like this: http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/add-716084/overview/

Im just after a few other opinions before I go ahead and purchase this kit

Cheers

Dyl

Someone has done it to a yd before. The only dramas they had were the hose clamps leaking so they switched to speedflow fittings and it worked a treat. They used a double Z9 Size setup which would obviously lengthen your filter changed considerably etc.

Rusty

Well I might take a chance and buy that kit from the states. If it doesn't work ill flog it on ebay or gumtree.

isn't the Ryco Z89A a short version of a z9 ?
if so z9 kits are dime a dozen.

try to get billet rather than cast. have heard cast ones can leak.
duel filter head would be good, reduce the pressure drop caused by the filters.
there is also a really short version of the z9, can't recall the part number, thats usefull for tight spaces if you use the dual filter head.

Yeah didn't know that about the Z9. Its pretty tight in there. I paid $150 AUD landed to my door so not too bad in the end. I won't install it straight away, I just changed the oil 1000kms ago.

The link didn't work Gazza?

Anyway the kit from advance adapters came on Friday.

Few Pics below:

After reading the instructions it seems pretty straight forward, I only need to purchase some sort of filter nipple for the relocation bracket to adapt to the filter

How are you going to screw the adaptor into the side of the block ?

Need to have a look at the shield

Latest posts

Back