Installed New Radio...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the replies fellas. My Eonon arrived this morning. I have the G1311A unit, single din with slide out 7" screen. Great unit so far, it does what is described in it's resume and for the $ I couldn't ask any more. Even for $250 it wipes the floor with my previous Polaris unit, that cost me $1k last year.
And like you I got the Ozi working just fine. My only issue is, the music is jumpy while either onroad or offroad gps is going. SO music from radio or USB, becomes jumpy and volume goes up and down on it's on. If gps isn't on, everything is flawless.

Mine is the same, it dips the music whenever you press anything, when the Bluetooth connects, when the GPS gives directions, etc. I just thought it was normal....

Music playback requires decoding of the stream so it needs a tiny bit of CPU power. Anything to do with the GPS requires CPU power as well - more than the audio streaming, since there are a variety of things it can calculate with variable inputs - different numbers of visible satellites, working out a 'best guess' location, altitude, time since last position reading & distance from last position reading gives average speed between last point and current point, then there's reading the map file, displaying the map with orientation, road names etc etc.

What a shame they couldn't have thrown a little extra CPU at it.

It's a problem I have with my expensive Pioneer still - doesn't happen often, but every now and again I'll be two turns ahead of where the stupid thing is telling me to go. Needs a full shutdown to reset Windows and it's as annoying as hell. I think it's more to do with Windows than with a lack of CPU, to be honest - Windows is a shitty OS at best.

Well I installed the Tire Pressure Monitor System in my Nav. I would not recommend this product at all. The sensors don't work consistently and drop out either temp or pressure. The unit does not save the setting for the type of reading you want. The default is in BARS instead of PSI so when you turn off the car and start it up again it goes back to BARS. I am very disappointed in the add-on. The sensors about 5 PSI off when they actually work and there is no way to calibrate them. They will not refund my money this there reply "Since the unit is not defective, and also you have opened the package. it is used unit. so we do not accept return and refund any more. Pls check more return policy" It is shame I have had a great experience with the main unit but would not recommend the TPMS. I would purchase the radio again in a flash but not the accessories.

Last edited:
This post is a few year old now but I am looking to replace the standard stereo in my D40 and this unit sounds very interesting for its plug and play-ability of it. With the post being a few years old I wondered if anybody had any more recent recommendations or is this still a really option?

Cheers

I have the eonon g2240 from memory in mine. I have downloaded a different GPS program to load from the SD card, as well as being able to run oziexplorer without any issues. Everything works fine, the only thing really missing is dab+ support, but it's too old for that... A few people on here have used the newer ones with android built into them and apparently you can run the torque app through the unit if you get a Bluetooth obd2 adaptor...

I've got this unit in my car at the moment, but if I was buying today I'd get this one. Android 6 has some nice features that 4.4 doesn't have, but specifically the TomTom software (that we bought a 3 year license for) no longer runs on KitKat so I need to upgrade. I'll be trying the OS first, of course!

The Pumpkin Oldtony put up books awesome as does the growler mike showed. I have the Eonon G2150F which is in this linkhttp://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=33773 Sat Nav head unit . That has a CD/DVD player though I have never used it yet. I have Hema Explorer etc loaded on which is brilliant. Whatever you look at I recommend the latest android unit you can find as they are so versatile. That pumpkin has 2g ram too

Last edited:
Hi Guys
Seriously thinking about putting on of the above units into my D22 and possibly my wifes Commodore.
I drove a BT50 today that had a double din head unit installled and when driving it there were times I couldn't seehthe screen for glare from the sun, screen reacted the same as my Samsung S6 and was impossible to see. I don't know what brand was in the BT50 but how are you all finding the units mentioned in this thread for glare ?

I have the double din eonon in my d22 and haven't noticed any glare issues at all. I am not usually looking at it anyway as I rarely use the navigation but it has been fine when I have needed it.

I don't find mine too bad, but you can change the screen angle which may help. They do have a fair bit of adjustment, so it's just a matter of finding a good position.

Sometimes it's hard to see.
Cleaning it without scratching it is the hardest for me.

Mine is pioneer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the replies people. After looking further into 1 of the websites 1 of them offers antiglare film, $15 for 10 pack. Might be worth a try.

ok, so ive had a quick look at this thread thanks to boogieboots.

has anyone tried the dab+ function on any of these units?

Latest posts

Back