Boost Gauge Auber Instruments, overboost?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am assuming I need to buy the ECUTalk USB Cable with OBDII plug ($100 + post) as we have OBDII plug but it isnt 'actually' OBDII. As I have a ZD30 D22

Yep Shorty, that's correct. Cable for OBDII port. The ecutalk program and dot net framework are both free to download. Can't help you with your wire colours though, sorry.

Okay, I have finally got a ECU talk cable and got it to work. FIrst things first at idle it is reading 14.7psi, when I rev it it goes up? Didnt take it for a drive but in the log t shows boost pressure constantly at 14.5-14.7psi, this doesnt seem right. Also I checked my error codes and it shows an error code 95 boost pressure, on 33 starts. Can anyone point me in the right direction

Ok so I just realised it is reading atmospheric which is correct at 14.5-14.7psi being 0. Now I read somewhere on here that code 95 boost pressure error was a broken electrical cable to the boost sensor. Any ideas anyone, mine doest visually look bad?

I asked Peter if he could reset boost to Zero instead of 14.7 but he said he probably wouldn't get around to it, so you need to subtract that to get actual, 20psi will show as 34.7. 0905 is low or excessive volt reading but Patrols use a MAF, which can be cleaned but Navaras use a MAP which don't need cleaning. The MAP could be faulty but it's not common, what's the highest boost reading your getting with ecutalk, does it match your boost gauge. I think 33 starts means the fault first occurred 33 starts ago, you can clear it and see if it comes back.

And boost doesn't normally change just revving it, you'll have to go for a drive.

Fixed - used a 10mm socket and removed the boost sensor. It appeared to have something (oil?) In the tube. Sprayed it and all connections with Mar sensor cleaner.. all good.

That bloke posted that, certianly sounds like the description of a MAP sensor with a tube, it is a tiny pinhole I can barely see down mine.

Will give it a run to see max boost

Okay just done a test run, max pressure on ECUtalk reached 30.4 on the logger, which is good this corresponds to 15.7 psi which is pretty bang on the money for boost for the D22 ZD30. Also cleared the fault code log before the drive and it didnt retrip the fault code so that must have just been a random one. Pretty sure I started the engine the other day with the map sensor unplugged so that could have been the cause haha. Soooooo now the question is what is the go with my auber instrument. I do have a EGT gauge which appears to be working perfectly, maybe I should just swap the settings over on the gauges and swap them around to see how they work. I have a red and an amber gauge, currently amber is boost and red is EGT so I will swap em. This should rule out the whether it is the gauge itself or the transducer.

Good idea, at least you don't have to worry about your turbo exploding.

All this effort for a boost gauge haha! Okay so I swapped the gauges and same deal. All I can narrow it down to now is the pressure transducer or my settings. However I followed their set up guide down to the tee. My wiring from the transducer is different coloured compared to the instructions though so the problem may lie there. I am going to have send auber an email. My postion for pressure gauge to tee'd in just before the MAP sensor as I assume ecutalk measures the pressure from the MAP.

OMG, I just realise what the problem was. I had the gauge set to 1-5V, when I should have set it for 0-5V, the problem is the symbol for 1-5V is exactly that and the symbol for 0-5V is just '5v'. My brain just saw 3 digits and went yep thats the one! So all this time and after 4 pages on a thread something so easy to fix, sorry for wasting everyone's time, thanks for your patience. Maybe some other muppet will buy the gauge and be as stupid as me when setting it up to make this mistake. Also bought an ECUtalk cable for no reason, but it looks like a good bit of kit which could come in handy in the future for problem diagnosis

Latest posts

Back