2013 D22 Liqui Moly Purge

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phxeent

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2013 D22. Would like to do a Diesel purge. I have looked at Rusty Navs post on the purge with pics. Iam just not sure which hoses to connect, as It looks as though the fuel lines are routed a lil diff. Was wondering if someone maybe had some pics??.

Thanks

Hi mate, I recently did mine but it's a 2009 model. Should be the same though. I did it slightly different to rustynav though so maybe this way might work for you.
I used 6mm clear tube from bunnings and a $5 fuel filter from super cheap.
Then I took the fuel line off the cars fuel filter that is closest to the cab and hose clamped it into the small filter I bought. Then ran clear tube from the small filter back to the container of purge fluid.
Then on the other side of the motor is the return line, same as in rustynav's post, it was the top hose on mine. I just pulled that hose off and ran the clear hose from that barb back to my container of purge fluid.
Other than that I followed rustynavs how to and all was good.

Here's the line setup on the passenger side.
uploadfromtaptalk1433311630724.jpg

This one shows the return line going back over to the container.

uploadfromtaptalk1433311680859.jpg

Zoomed in on the barb for the return line.

uploadfromtaptalk1433311714904.jpg

Hi mate, I recently did mine but it's a 2009 model. Should be the same though. I did it slightly different to rustynav though so maybe this way might work for you.
I used 6mm clear tube from bunnings and a $5 fuel filter from super cheap.
Then I took the fuel line off the cars fuel filter that is closest to the cab and hose clamped it into the small filter I bought. Then ran clear tube from the small filter back to the container of purge fluid.
Then on the other side of the motor is the return line, same as in rustynav's post, it was the top hose on mine. I just pulled that hose off and ran the clear hose from that barb back to my container of purge fluid.
Other than that I followed rustynavs how to and all was good.

Here's the line setup on the passenger side.
View attachment 20344

This one shows the return line going back over to the container.

View attachment 20345

Zoomed in on the barb for the return line.

View attachment 20346
Pretty sure the feed line to the pump is the one just below the return line in your 3rd pic.

Pretty sure the feed line to the pump is the one just below the return line in your 3rd pic.
Yep, sure is. If you follow that hose around to the fuel filter, that's the one I connected up to my small filter and clear tube.

Yep, sure is. If you follow that hose around to the fuel filter, that's the one I connected up to my small filter and clear tube.
Thought so lol. I was only going from memory. Been a while since i did mine. I didn't pour any of the cleaner into another container though, just poked the hoses back into the can. You can see the level inside it easily enough.

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated. Followed ya pics and steps. Very helpful. Ran the clean. No 'dirt' whatsoever in return line. Clean as. Really cant notice any difference. So guessin the injectors weren't dirty. Was more for a preventative thing. Also I only run Bp Ultimate diesel and 350 ml Two stroke on a full fill. So it must do something. Thanks Again Nath

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated. Followed ya pics and steps. Very helpful. Ran the clean. No 'dirt' whatsoever in return line. Clean as. Really cant notice any difference. So guessin the injectors weren't dirty. Was more for a preventative thing. Also I only run Bp Ultimate diesel and 350 ml Two stroke on a full fill. So it must do something. Thanks Again Nath
No worries. When I ran the clean I didn't notice any dirt come out either. But I know my injectors were dirty because it made a big to difference to the noise and smoothness of the motor. So yeah, if your injectors were already clean you wouldn't notice that so much, but I think still not a bad thing to do every now and then to clean up all the other nooks and crannies of the fuel system...

anyone posted the install and run on youtube ?
Not me, but i did just get another can of this to run through mine as it is starting to hunt a bit on cold starts.

Do you want a video of it? I will be running it through either sunday or monday.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

There are plenty of vids on this, though not of Navs specifically. From memory an easy way (on 3 litre at least) is simply take the line that goes to the pump off your fuel filter, drop it in the tin of magic and tie the tin somewhere around the firewall. Then take the return line off the pump and clamp some cheap clear hose that you get from bunnings for next to nothing (couple of metres should be plenty) in it's place and put the other end in the tin. Make sure both hoses sit near the bottom (especially the one going to the pump, don't want to run it dry), start 'er up and follow the directions.

When finished turn it off, replace hoses, get fuel pump plunger up to pressure and you're good to go.

This is obviously only an opinion and I wouldn't wish to dissuade you from giving it a go, but an even easier way to get exactly the same effect on your injectors would be to use the money you would have spent on the "purge" stuff, give it to a witchdoctor and ask him to cast a spell on it. lol.

Last edited:
Not me, but i did just get another can of this to run through mine as it is starting to hunt a bit on cold starts.

Do you want a video of it? I will be running it through either sunday or monday.

That would be much appreciated..thanks

There are plenty of vids on this, though not of Navs specifically. From memory an easy way (on 3 litre at least) is simply take the line that goes to the pump off your fuel filter, drop it in the tin of magic and tie the tin somewhere around the firewall. Then take the return line off the pump and clamp some cheap clear hose that you get from bunnings for next to nothing (couple of metres should be plenty) in it's place and put the other end in the tin. Make sure both hoses sit near the bottom (especially the one going to the pump, don't want to run it dry), start 'er up and follow the directions.

When finished turn it off, replace hoses, get fuel pump plunger up to pressure and you're good to go.

This is obviously only an opinion and I wouldn't wish to dissuade you from giving it a go, but an even easier way to get exactly the same effect on your injectors would be to use the money you would have spent on the "purge" stuff, give it to a witchdoctor and ask him to cast a spell on it. lol.

Mine started hunting when cold when the fuel filter was blocked..it was the 1st indicator..a few days later the car goes into what I'd say feels like limp mode---but it doesnt--just has no fuel to take any load

Well I did it today and videoed it. Just trying to compress the video enough to be able to upload it haha.

Mine started hunting when cold when the fuel filter was blocked..it was the 1st indicator..a few days later the car goes into what I'd say feels like limp mode---but it doesnt--just has no fuel to take any load

Was it from a bad batch of fuel, or was the fuel filter not changed regularly?

I had similar from bad fuel blocking filters only it used to go into limp mode and throw all the usual codes. In the end I had to remove and drain/clean the tank, blow out all of the fuel lines, reassemble and put some fresh fuel in and it was back to normal, all good.

Still working on it at the moment. Away on holidays so will be a week or so and should be right hopefully...

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back