P0135 O2 Sensor Fault & Engine Light

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimmoDRZ

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have searched the forum for this fault code but not much comes up. I have a 2007 D40, ST-X Automatic (Spain build).

I had no issues at all with this before but recently fitted a 3" DEA Exhaust (with CAT & Muffler)… to get rid of the DPF. I fitted 2 of Auggies DPF re-calibrated sensors at the same time.

I now get check engine lights at random times and the code is "P0135" which is an O2 Sensor Fault.

I have reset the computer/fuel pump a couple of times which clears the light and also cleared it via the scan tool also... but it keeps coming back (no limp mode...just CEL).

Questions:
- Do these O2 sensors fail over time and it was just bad timing when fitting new exhaust?
- Is there checks you can do on O2 Sensors to test them?
- Can a free(er) flowing exhaust trigger O2 sensor fault codes?

Cheers,
Simon

309,000km on my 2009 D40 STX diesel auto and it's heated oxygen sensors are still ok, so it's possible that I'm just lucky there. They are subjected to a fair extreme of temperature. You might check the wiring harness from the sensor, in case that wiring has perished. Otherwise a phone call to auggie to see what he thinks - he's very knowledgeable about our exhausts.

309,000km on my 2009 D40 STX diesel auto and it's heated oxygen sensors are still ok, so it's possible that I'm just lucky there. They are subjected to a fair extreme of temperature. You might check the wiring harness from the sensor, in case that wiring has perished. Otherwise a phone call to auggie to see what he thinks - he's very knowledgeable about our exhausts.

Cheers Tony. I have spoken to Auggie but no real ideas as seems a strange issue. Might just be bad timing with O2 sensor failing at exhaust change time. I've got 275,000km... and the sensor may have copped a little too much of a shakeup during the swap.
I'll look further and keep you posted.
Cheers 👍

Hey fellas I used to have nothing but problems with my dpf and sensors so I tried the Chip Tune dpf management system wired it up and was simple to do and never had an issue in over 2 years and I've got almost every mod you can think of running 35 psi boost as an everyday run about and almost doubled my fuel economy in the process, just a thought

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back