D40 vs R51 Clutches

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tas_richo

Reaction score
Hi All,

Was just wondering if there were any differences between the clutches in a D40 or R51 2005-2009???

Have just found that many are advertising the R51 Single Mass Flywheel Kits slightly cheaper than the D40 kits but it was my understanding that they wre the same?

I did look at clutch industries catalogue and it does have the same part numbers between kits for both vehicles?

Thanks in Advance :)

Cheers,
Evan

Also, is there any way to inspect the flywheel short of pulling off the starter motor on these vehicles?

The clutch on my vehicle was apparently changed back at 90,000km and it does have a fair bit of vibration at certain RPMs (more so loading it up) which leads me to think I may already have a SMF fitted...

Will the manufacturer of the SMF determine the clutch ill need to fit if this is the case?

Cheers,
Evan

Just to follow up on my own post :D

Yes, clutch kits are the same between the R51 and D40s.

There doesn't appear to be an inspection plate in the gearbox, you could pull starter and use an inspection camera but even that wouldn't guarantee I could see what type of flywheel I had...

I've just purchased an entire Clutch Kit (including flyhweel) from the UK for $377 delivered, bit of an experiment as I'm interested to see how they hold up for the price!

I am very fortunate that my mechanic is a jet and can do these is 3.5 hours so only charging me $300 to install it so I'm looking at a grand total of $677 for a solid flywheel conversion!

I will report back in regards to the quality.

Cheers,
Evan

Latest posts

Back