How hot is too hot?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old.Tony

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I had to do it. Second day in a row where our own weather station told us that it's ridiculously hot. Second day in a row that I've had to go outside and wet the air conditioning plant down to give it a little hand. And the second day in a row I've seen this ...

attachment.php

It's not even the hottest part of the day yet!

How are you guys coping?

Attachments

• 20170212_142239-resized.jpg
    20170212_142239-resized.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 243
I had to do it. Second day in a row where our own weather station told us that it's ridiculously hot. Second day in a row that I've had to go outside and wet the air conditioning plant down to give it a little hand. And the second day in a row I've seen this ...

attachment.php

It's not even the hottest part of the day yet!

How are you guys coping?

Don't think that very accurate Tony, not even that hot in Birdsville let alone where you are!

Well, a cool change is coming through and my car now says it's 46C. Sort of agrees with my caravan (45C) and my motorbike (46C) and my car's not been far off from the bike ... so here's a pic from the bike.

attachment.php

I should have thought to take a pic of all of them at the peak. We're getting some cloud now, just a hot westerly that burns the lungs ...

Attachments

• 20170212_153233-resized.jpg
    20170212_153233-resized.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 229
Well, a cool change is coming through and my car now says it's 46C. Sort of agrees with my caravan (45C) and my motorbike (46C) and my car's not been far off from the bike ... so here's a pic from the bike.

attachment.php

I should have thought to take a pic of all of them at the peak. We're getting some cloud now, just a hot westerly that burns the lungs ...

More like sensor's are picking up reading from the vehicle's than actual outside air temp.

You know what I do Tony, I have the heat from the machine and the humidity from the ground. Monday I have 7 jobs and at 12 today I got 40.7 in the shade.

I sure do, and I don't envy you at all. I mowed my front yard yesterday before it got over 40C, and have stayed inside today except for a couple of trips to the car to get some tools (one of our air conditioners started playing up, I've taught it a lesson).

I have to mow my back yard - hoping that tomorrow is cool enough. Word is we're getting a cool change - looks like it's on its way, cloud is increasing but the hot westerly is still prevaling.

I had to fix some gutters and a downpipe on a tin roof last week. Though it was 37 deg's my boots were melting/sticking to the roof. Wasps are the other worry, they are going mad in trees and hedges now.

I love mud wasps. Great critters to have around - they keep the spider population down and in spite of their fearsome appearance, they're not aggressive, unlike paper wasps. Here's a good page discussing them.

Don't envy you standing on a hot tin roof. Reach out to stabilise yourself and cop a nice burn to go with it. Ouch!

I saw 46 on my d40 dash the other day parked in the shade in adelaide. Hottest ive seen yet. Motor had been off for hours.
Genuine nissan sensor fitted behind the grille. Know it was accurate because the old fowler's vacola jam making thermometer said the same
Sounds like the eastern states are copping the heat worse than sa this year for a change

Latest posts

Back