05 D22 starting problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunnerz

Reaction score
Hi guys, first time poster long time reader. I've got a starting issue with my nav and I've searched the internet but can't find a similar issue.

I've got an '05 d22 navara dx 3.0 litre. ZD30. The engine has a problem starting. It cranks for ages before finally starting up. I've gotta put my foot flat to the floor to get her going.

Thing is she drives fine once started. Just drove 300km up the freeway to get it to my old mans workshop.

Engine light comes on and spits out these codes:

10 4 Injection Pump –fuel cut out system
4 7 Crankshaft position sensor
8 7 Stop lamp switch
7 7 Injection Pump injection timing control

But if it was any if these then how is it able to drive flawlessly once it starts.

Anyone had a similar problem? Would appreciate any feedback!

stop lamp switch is easy enough. check the brake lights are working. if not, check fuse.
if working then check ecu connections and then ecu.

the rest could be wiring issues (at pump or ecu), check leads and earths. but otherwise probably injection pump.

the startup could simply be air in the fuel. quite common for it to be fuel filter issue or the primer issue. that allows fuel to drain back to the tank and causes hard starting. well known cause of 0707 timing control code.
when you go to start it next, pump the fuel primer untill its hard.
some guys will fit one way valve back by the tank to help with that or fit a diesel lift pump.

Yes good suggestion from Tweek,e regarding the pumping up of the fuel primmer before you try and start up the engine. if the engine starts much easier you know there is an air leak issue, easy fix.

Latest posts

Back