Stripped torsion bar bracket

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keza

Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question just replaced my torsion bars and installed a 2inch lift kit(first time) after about 2 weeks of driving it I stripped the LH torsion bar adjuster bracket and it needs replacing, has any one replaced the bracket itself before as it looks like you need to take the crewmember off to get to it? Or is there a way to get it off. and if I do have to take the crossember off to get to the bracket is there anything i need to watch out on? How often does this happen? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Lastly is there a way to avoid this from happening again 😱

Hey guys, quick question just replaced my torsion bars and installed a 2inch lift kit(first time) after about 2 weeks of driving it I stripped the LH torsion bar adjuster bracket and it needs replacing, has any one replaced the bracket itself before as it looks like you need to take the crewmember off to get to it? Or is there a way to get it off. and if I do have to take the crossember off to get to the bracket is there anything i need to watch out on? How often does this happen? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Lastly is there a way to avoid this from happening again 😱

If it’s just the adjuster bolt it’s simple, I had to do this a while back. I talked to Nissan and they said they could order them in for like $40 or something but I needed it that day so just got the bolt and the metal thing around it for $20.
All you have to do is take all the tension of the torsion bar remove the old one and place the new one in. Hopefully I’m taking about the right thing here.

Latest posts

Back